MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Script to Update Plugins for 1.6.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
what this script does scan all plugin for compatible 1.6.5 version.And what next you must manualy change plugin codes??
the script will perform the updates for you.

it should work for all plugins coded to standards. it will make a plugin that is compatible with 1.6.0-1.6.4 work with 1.6.5, but it will not make plugins work that are NOT 1.6 compatible (example, migrate them from 1.4.x to 1.6.x)

it may or may not update a plugin that is not coded using standard hook methods. an example is the plugin called Username Styles 1.5. since the script uses regular expressions, it may work on non-standard implementations, but it can not be guaranteed.
thanks for explain how to works
Wow .. what a time saver this turned out to be. Thank You for sharing this script with us. It worked for all my plugin's except 1, and so that one I just removed. I will wait for the author to update it or find a new one.

Thank You Pavemen!
(2011-12-12, 12:34 AM)chris_wlkr Wrote: [ -> ]Wow .. what a time saver this turned out to be. Thank You for sharing this script with us. It worked for all my plugin's except 1, and so that one I just removed. I will wait for the author to update it or find a new one.

Thank You Pavemen!

You can also post in the plugin support forum, and I'm sure community members would assist you with how to update it. Smile
This didn't fix modnotice plus and no one has posted on how to fix it other than to point me here.
But are you using the latest version of the plugin? Because the latest version (1.5.2) is compatible with 1.6.5 .

It's working perfectly for me.
(2011-12-13, 05:57 AM)townsbg Wrote: [ -> ]This didn't fix modnotice plus and no one has posted on how to fix it other than to point me here.

Thats because the instructions and description of the problem are found in this sticky:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-106729.html
And also on the wiki.
(2011-12-14, 11:51 AM)Robbert Wrote: [ -> ]But are you using the latest version of the plugin? Because the latest version (1.5.2) is compatible with 1.6.5 .

It's working perfectly for me.

Can also confirm the latest modnotice version (1.5.2) works fine on our forum using the 1.6.5 forum software version. Cool
Yes the header says 1.5.2 however I'll try downloading it again and installing it.

(2011-12-14, 04:11 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Thats because the instructions and description of the problem are found in this sticky:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-106729.html
And also on the wiki.

That doesn't help if it doesn't work!!! Hence the reply saying that it didn't work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10