MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: wich antivirus do you use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2011-12-01, 10:10 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Umm....

How about we start with Common Sense (mentioned already I know) and then, since I don't run suck tailed Windoze I have Beautiful ClamAV

Likewise. It's much simpler to run clamscan in terminal from the root directory.
Oh, and when I used Windows, I liked Panda Cloud. Before that, Avast 4.8. (5 is not so good)
I use Avira to stop most online threats, but for full system scans I run MalwareBytes about twice a month.
(2011-12-03, 02:34 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-01, 10:10 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Umm....

How about we start with Common Sense (mentioned already I know) and then, since I don't run suck tailed Windoze I have Beautiful ClamAV

Likewise. It's much simpler to run clamscan in terminal from the root directory.
Oh, and when I used Windows, I liked Panda Cloud. Before that, Avast 4.8. (5 is not so good)

I actually run the Daemon as well as weekly manual scans Wink
clamd is your friend.
On my server, I do too.
For my laptop, I do not.
McAfee cause its free for us Toungue
Parents used to use Panda but that things says there's an intruder every time someone connets to WiFi and it messed up all my gaming.
Panda Cloud AV.

* kavin wonders whether he is the only one in MyBB to use Panda cloud.
(2011-12-04, 12:18 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]On my server, I do too.
For my laptop, I do not.

Ahhh. I have it on my server, on my desktop, on my laptop, on my gf's laptop, on my gf's daughter's netbook, on my gf's desktop...

Too much Linux in one house? Never Wink

I just wish that ClamWin would get around to rebuilding the Windoze version of the daemon so that I can use it under Windoze again... not that I use Windows for anything except gaming.
(2011-12-04, 05:14 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Too much Linux in one house? Never Wink

Exactly right.
I got my younger sister using Mint, she's getting really good with it.
I love testing the latest releases too, just made a fifth and sixth partition to try out Mageia 2 and Ubuntu 12.04.
(2011-12-04, 05:25 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-04, 05:14 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Too much Linux in one house? Never Wink

Exactly right.
I got my younger sister using Mint, she's getting really good with it.
I love testing the latest releases too, just made a fifth and sixth partition to try out Mageia 2 and Ubuntu 12.04.

Yeah, my gf's daughter picked it up in a matter of days. Linux sure has come a long way from the days of CLI only access, hasn't it? Wink

@Testing new releases: eeewww!! Don't repartition! VirtualBox or KVM it! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7