MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DyMy User Agent - Browser & OS Icons in the postbit!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DyMy User Agents

Requirements: cURL preferred, but since I'm using MyBB's built in fetch_remote_file(), it will fallback & should work w/out it.

Using the API at http://www.useragentstring.com/ I've created a new User Agent plugin. It includes images (for now) from the older User Agent plugin since those were all public domain, however I plan on switching to PNG as a higher quality image type than GIF.

Since there are multiple releases (which are all just additions to the same old plugin, including once by the original author... ugh...) of the old User Agent Plugin, I've made it so that you can keep the original data from that plugin:
Deactivate and remove it. Do not uninstall it.
Remove it completely, that includes all language files, admin panel files, image files, and plugin files that came with the older plugins.
Upload the files from my package to the MyBB Root.
Activate my plugin.
Continue to use as normal.
Report any issues in this release thread.

I'm also pleased to announce that this is the first plugin to use the template system to its full potential. You can edit your templates, upgrade the plugin, and use the find updated templates feature to take care of business!

Screenshots to come soon!

Old plugins that this is a virtual successor to (all the same plugin really):
http://mods.mybb.com/view/user-agent
http://mods.mybb.com/view/user-agent2
http://mods.mybb.com/view/user-agent-reporter
Do not download the above links, they're for credit (inspiration and images) only!

TODO:
  • Rework all images from scratch. GIFs suck. I want PNGs.
  • Change the compatibility method so that I can eliminate duplicate images (Yes, I know they're there!)
  • Add any missing browsers and operating systems as they're reported. There are a lot. Such as Linux Mint and the W3M browser... not to mention Links, eLinks, Lynx, etc...
  • Probably write a "conversion on install" script to eliminate compatibility mode completely once I get the plugin fully stable.
  • ACP pieces, including group permissions, a log, and the ability to view the actual user agent strings.
  • Add a check for no data, and if there is none then do not set an image.

Let me know if there are any Browser or OS images you need supported right away that I don't have in there. Oh yeah! Unlike the previous plugins that were written to do this, mine (when you add new icons) is retroactive, since it stores the actual string for lookups.
Thanks ; I was wondering if it is easily possible to add group permissions - icons visible for which groups ...
after insatll it got this see picture
[Image: ScreenShot008-1.png]
^ that is for earlier posts ; make a new post and check !!
(2012-01-13, 10:00 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ that is for earlier posts ; make a new post and check !!

works Big Grin

[Image: ScreenShot009.png]
(2012-01-13, 08:59 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks ; I was wondering if it is easily possible to add group permissions - icons visible for which groups ...

Yes, I plan on that when I add the ACP portion. Remember, this is a beta, hence the 0.X.x version scheme Big Grin

@lexy: added to my todo list to not fill in anything for older posts that have no data.
Not working?
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare make_cool_name() (previously declared in /home/satbox4all/domains/satbox4all.nl/public_html/Forum/inc/plugins/dymy_ua.php:180) in /home/satbox4all/domains/satbox4all.nl/public_html/Forum/inc/plugins/useragent.php on line 222

Inbetwee
(2012-02-07, 12:27 PM)inbetwee Wrote: [ -> ]Not working?
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare make_cool_name() (previously declared in /home/satbox4all/domains/satbox4all.nl/public_html/Forum/inc/plugins/dymy_ua.php:180) in /home/satbox4all/domains/satbox4all.nl/public_html/Forum/inc/plugins/useragent.php on line 222

Inbetwee

That's because you've the same file named "useragent.php" in ./inc/plugins/ folder having the same function. You've to delete that file if you want to use Dylan's plugin./
Thanks problem solved
Some bugs report the plugin is not showing the os from windows vista its looking for images/useragent/os/windows%20vista.gif but the vista picture is not showing the same whit the iphone. And when a posting whit windows explorer 8.0 it say`s windows internet explorer 6 or below.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7