MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB loading slow again?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yes, it's been said before many times that the site's experiencing periods of extreme slowness. It hasn't gone unnoticed.

Just be patient and it will be resolved as soon as it can be.
It's very unfortunate that this is a constant issue.
For several days it is very slow. I hope this will be fixed soon.
Even loading of postbit images and the 301 redirect of mybb.com => www.mybb.com are slow.

I also get many "502 Bad Gateway" errors. Undecided
Stills Slow Sad
I got 502 gateway pretty slow!, I wait Chris do it will handle will fix, Chris is founder I hope be Chris fix resolve soon!
Hi all,

Unfortunately we've got a very high number of spam bots basically crawling the forum, the blog, and even the MyBB website. They're all literally sucking the server dry of resources.

I'm working on getting things back to normal as quick as I can.
A large amount of bots have now been blocked from accessing the server, which has meant that the load has dropped back down to usual and page load times are now acceptable.

There's still more work to be done, as right now it's only a small fraction of automated traffic that is being filtered out - plenty more is still making it through to the server.
Sucks to here that about bots. Maybe it's time to deny anything that doesn't have a browser useragent? (Although I see loads of problems with that...)
(2012-02-20, 03:41 AM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]Sucks to here that about bots. Maybe it's time to deny anything that doesn't have a browser useragent? (Although I see loads of problems with that...)

The bots exactly how a normal visitor would appear, which is the problem with blocking them.
Things improved than what it were a couple of days ago. Looking forward for improvised performance Chris.
Pages: 1 2 3 4