MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stop Forum Spam on MyBB (100% Success Rate)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2012-03-28, 05:38 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-28, 04:59 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Only reg secure questions won't stop the spam.

If you use good questions, it will stop the spammers dead in their tracks most of the time.

Yeah, I don't have a super-high-traffic forum, but I do see attempts at questions, and it catches many bots.

These days a lot of spammers manually register then go auto.
(2012-05-01, 11:37 AM)StevenF50 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-28, 04:59 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Only reg secure questions won't stop the spam.

If you use good questions, it will stop the spammers dead in their tracks most of the time.

Yeah, I don't have a super-high-traffic forum, but I do see attempts at questions, and it catches many bots.

Yes that is correct! Need easy captcha on New Thread and New Reply also.
If you are going to use captcha on posts and replies I wouldnt use your website...
(2012-05-02, 11:18 AM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]If you are going to use captcha on posts and replies I wouldnt use your website...

I don't think you use my site anyways, so I have no worries
(2012-05-02, 11:52 AM)Tapan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-02, 11:18 AM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]If you are going to use captcha on posts and replies I wouldnt use your website...

I don't think you use my site anyways, so I have no worries
Same as Ansem. Any forum with a captcha to post instantly makes me leave. Recaptcha on registration is annoying enough.
Got it all installed, thanx
PROTIP: Highly modify your registration page. I've had 0 bots get through.
I installed goodbye spammer as per the directions and the last thing it says is to go to
Go to ACP > Configuration > Goodbye Spammer Settings > Configure settings > Save.
however that string/link did not appear. Was I also supposed to upload the screenshot pics? If so to what directory? Otherwise what can I do to fix the situation.
Anyone else find success with this trick?
(2012-05-01, 11:37 AM)StevenF50 Wrote: [ -> ]

Not true, actually. Automated registration bots like XRumer are still very widely used.

This plugin list is good but is missing Fassim and Bad Behavior. Fassim alone blocks 90% of the bot registrations on my board.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5