MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WWE Forums - Wrestling Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Then maybe they shouldn't be there? Honestly having more than one official YouTube channel is crazy confusing.
(2012-07-16, 03:14 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Then maybe they shouldn't be there? Honestly having more than one official YouTube channel is crazy confusing.

Not at all. Those YouTube account owners each have their own subscriber base. Not promoting that is stupid imo. Why have one account with RAW uploaded to YouTube with our link and not four?

I can rearrange it I guess. I'll probably just put their usernames, or perhaps just have "Subscribe to our YouTube accounts" which links to a page with all four laid out but that requires graphics and I freaking suck.

Edit: Thanks Roach Smile
(2012-07-16, 03:16 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Not at all. Those YouTube account owners each have their own subscriber base. Not promoting that is stupid imo. Why have one account with RAW uploaded to YouTube with our link and not four?

Because it's not focused. Your site is a singular entity, and should have one official channel through which it posts its videos. CookieChaser5 sounds like some user's YouTube channel. And in that case, "Subscribe to Us" is extremely misleading verbage.
(2012-07-16, 03:19 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-16, 03:16 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Not at all. Those YouTube account owners each have their own subscriber base. Not promoting that is stupid imo. Why have one account with RAW uploaded to YouTube with our link and not four?

Because it's not focused. Your site is a singular entity, and should have one official channel through which it posts its videos. CookieChaser5 sounds like some user's YouTube channel. And in that case, "Subscribe to Us" is extremely misleading verbage.

Agree here. I would do it on the basis of having one official one and the main focus then other users can just link to the forums if they want to.

Edit - Or have a support our users channel for more RAW or something.

I also do not like the footer area having the red line, it does not match the rest of the forum.
(2012-07-16, 03:19 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Because it's not focused. Your site is a singular entity, and should have one official channel through which it posts its videos. CookieChaser5 sounds like some user's YouTube channel. And in that case, "Subscribe to Us" is extremely misleading verbage.

Sacrificing a ton of extra views and YouTube territory just so we can have one YouTube account with a name similar to the site is suicide. I understand it sounds unprofessional, but that's now what we're going for. Each channel uploads different things. Cookie uploads RAW live as it airs, another one uploads it in 720p and in one video (not parts), one account uploads TNA and WWE classics and the other is sort of inactive now but still uploads SmackDown/NXT I think. Nearly all wrestling aired on TV is uploaded, they're operated by different people.

Any other site and I'd agree, but with this niche YouTube is a hell of an important step and at the moment we're doing great on there.
(2012-07-16, 03:24 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-16, 03:19 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Because it's not focused. Your site is a singular entity, and should have one official channel through which it posts its videos. CookieChaser5 sounds like some user's YouTube channel. And in that case, "Subscribe to Us" is extremely misleading verbage.

Sacrificing a ton of extra views and YouTube territory just so we can have one YouTube account with a name similar to the site is suicide. I understand it sounds unprofessional, but that's now what we're going for. Each channel uploads different things. Cookie uploads RAW live as it airs, another one uploads it in 720p and in one video (not parts), one account uploads TNA and WWE classics and the other is sort of inactive now but still uploads SmackDown/NXT I think. Nearly all wrestling aired on TV is uploaded, they're operated by different people.

Any other site and I'd agree, but with this niche YouTube is a hell of an important step and at the moment we're doing great on there.
Why not have different ones like 'Watch RAW live on YouTube' and 'Watch RAW In High Quality ect for what the channel is most known for?
Yeah, exactly ... if you're gonna have multiple YouTube channels you need to make those links way more descriptive.
(2012-07-16, 03:25 PM)Roach Wrote: [ -> ]Why not have different ones like 'Watch RAW live on YouTube' and 'Watch RAW In High Quality ect for what the channel is most known for?

Already tried. They're inconsistent. They don't work for us, they're volunteers. Some weeks they might miss and I want to avoid the inevitable "I subscribed but I didn't get to see X" PM's.

Though things have become a bit more consistent recently, I could try it. It's probably better than what I had there before anyway lol.
(2012-07-16, 03:28 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-16, 03:25 PM)Roach Wrote: [ -> ]Why not have different ones like 'Watch RAW live on YouTube' and 'Watch RAW In High Quality ect for what the channel is most known for?

Already tried. They're inconsistent. They don't work for us, they're volunteers. Some weeks they might miss and I want to avoid the inevitable "I subscribed but I didn't get to see X" PM's.

Though things have become a bit more consistent recently, I could try it. It's probably better than what I had there before anyway lol.
I think it would be better, but make a note saying they might not be uploaded every week to save yourself. The way it is so far is unprofessional and it will confuse members and guests.
Changed it. Looks weird but better than before.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7