MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The JRPG Club: Game Reviews and Discussion for Japanese Learners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I like the new design. Smile
Thanks. Now we're working on creating more and more content, as well as put in some new features that will make our forums unique (without getting cliche).

By the way, Irreligious, do you have any interest in a spot in our footer? I'm aware your board is about 20x bigger than mine, but I thought I'd mention it anyway because of the Japan crossover.
I'm going to be away in about 2 days and I don't know when I will come back (that's why I promoted a few mods and one admin recently), it will be a crucial moment to my board, it may die. But when I come back and if my forum is still alive, I will try to make a spot like yours in my footer and then we can make a link exchange, yes. Smile I was helped many times in my forum journey, so I'd like to return my help to the community in a near future.
Oh no! Well, safe...travels (?) and I hope it's there healthy and waiting when you return.

Let me know then if you're still interested. Smile
I'm going to move to the middle of nowhere, and there it's quite hard to get an internet connection. Thank you!

I will PM you then. Wink
Is there activity related to Pokemon at all? It is the only game I can join for Confused
There is! That thread, and a whole lot more, actually.

On the main site, we've got a review of Pokemon Black & White as well as a Japanese vocabulary list posted for those games. A member actually found our site when he discovered the vocab list on the Anki server!

The Pokemon avatars in our gallery are also very, very popular.

Finally, I've added a little write-up about Pokemon in our beginners guide (it's a good game for new Japanese learners):

Quote:The Pocket Monsters Series: When I talk to other immersion gamers, it seems like at least 50% of them got their starts thanks to Pokémon. The most recent installments, Black and White, sport both 漢字 and かな (just ひらがな and カタカナ) modes, which means that the game can be enjoyed by language learners of any level. We've also compiled an extensive vocabulary list to help get you through the story.

If you're into Pokemon, there are other enthusiastic fans to chat with, so please join in the discussion!
(2012-07-12, 03:42 AM)cappazushi Wrote: [ -> ]The Pokemon avatars in our gallery are also very, very popular.

I was going to mention that. I like the artsy look to those Pokemon avatars.
Yeah, those are really great pictures. The only problem is, is that I can't find their source anymore. Sad I thought I saw them on Kotaku originally but I searched and searched the other day, to no avail.
Can you post one here? Maybe I have saw them before.

I will probably join later, specially after I upload my Pokemon forum (Spanish) so I don't get any inspiration from your site at all Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6