MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [CodMedia.net] The NEW/Great Forum [Promote Your Videos] [STAFF]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
So many useless tabs, forums categories and so MUCH html, it lags when I scroll.
Then you must not be using chrome. Fine for me.
Same for me and I use Chrome.
More likely to be the 17 javascript files you have loading on page load. On index, like you do Big Grin
If you want to help me lower that.... :3
It would be appreciated. I don't know any ways to lower that.
Well, first thing is to see what they are. I used the Yahoo YSlow plugin to get that report. Just google YSlow plugin to find a version for your browser. I use Opera.

You have 14 js files in the head (the other 3 are your google analytics) see pic. We see that you are loading jquery 3 times. You need to fix that. IF it is loading from a plugin then it may be using a string replace. You need to edit the plugin to make it stop doing that. I would NOT advise using jquery/latest as it is for cutting edge and not for production sites (imo). Rather I would subscribe to the jquery twitter and keep an eye out for updates and put the last stable in my page

You have 2300 DOM elements. It is a miracle your page loads at all.

You have 147 errors in your HTML. You need to get that cleaned up - a validated page is easier to work with.

You have missing images. The browser looks - fails - carries on. Solve those, that is an easy win.
I know... No coding.
What would you charge for maybe 20 minutes worth of you optimizing?
Dude this is way more than twenty minutes of work.
Well just clearing the major things.
Nobody has lots of money to spend...
Thanks Brad, it is indeed more than 20 minutes. Big Grin

@ ItzMadness I do do custom work, if you are interested in what I can do for the board, send me a PM.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5