MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding a modal login box to MyBB using jQuery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Nice tutorial. Btw, the latest is 1.8.19 I believe?

http://jqueryui.com/download
thanks for tutorial
(2012-04-26, 06:01 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Nice tutorial. Btw, the latest is 1.8.19 I believe?

http://jqueryui.com/download

The latest is actually 1.7.2 - that's jQuery UI Wink
Snap. Sleepy mind. Sad
As always Euan,grt tutorial.
I always used simple css3 modal without jquery.
But this one is real good SmileSmileSmile.
Thanks guys Smile It is possible with pure CSS, but this method is completely cross-browser as far as I know (I've tested it back to IE 7).
I even added a lost pw link, Euan you should do that on your forum as their is no lost pw link.. and i won't recieve my pw in a email Sad
Ah yes, I really should. Thankyou for pointing that out Smile
Euantor, I was really pleased to see this tutorial as I hoped it might fix something that has been bugging me forever about my own modal login (prototype) - namely, if I go to a thread as a guest and hit post reply there is the option to login and when you do a nice little redirect comes up saying "thanks for logging in, you will now be returned to where you came from" - and it promptly takes me to the INDEX, not the thread. Sadly, I see that your modal shows this behavior too.

Do you have any suggestion on how this can be "fixed"? I did look in the mybb quicklogin function in general.js and it appears to be getting the url from the page - in the javascript there is this:

if(document.location.href)
			{
				form.insert({ bottom: new Element("input",
					{
						name: "url",
						type: "hidden",
						value: this.HTMLchars(document.location.href)
					})
				});
			}

I think that that value needs to be called somehow, but I have no idea how (I am very bad at javascript). If you could get this bit to work then this login would be perfect.
I too had noticed this. I'll look into how I could possibly do it - thanks for reminding me about it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26