MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Integrate Editor WYSIWYG with MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hi krewe, it looks good so far - I am interested in testing, but it looks like you have the entire source code of ck editor on your github. Any chance of adding some docs as to what is actually needed to run it?

Also, are you going with jquery or will this be a none framework dependent solution?
(2012-06-25, 03:34 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Hi krewe, it looks good so far - I am interested in testing, but it looks like you have the entire source code of ck editor on your github. Any chance of adding some docs as to what is actually needed to run it?

use direct link
https://github.com/downloads/kodene/MyBB...-BETA2.zip

this is plugin... upload in your host and install plugin...
Well, thank you martec, but my question was what files do I NEED to run this. Right now there are LOADS of files in that zip - and I don't think I need them all.

BTW - I do know how to use github and install plugins. Wink
(2012-06-25, 03:34 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Hi krewe, it looks good so far - I am interested in testing, but it looks like you have the entire source code of ck editor on your github. Any chance of adding some docs as to what is actually needed to run it?

Also, are you going with jquery or will this be a none framework dependent solution?

Hi Leefish,

The zip contains everything you need, so unzip the two folders into your forum root and install (plugin is titled "CKEditor (WYSIWYG))".

There is definitely some trimming that can be done to reduce the size, I just don't have that in my build process at the moment while I'm still working on bug fixes. The main directories that will be trimmed down later are jscripts/editor_themes/ckeditor/skins/ and jscripts/editor_themes/ckeditor/plugins.
Ok, I will look into those krewe. I must admit I boggled a bit at the size and number of js files. I have a bit of an obsession regarding http requests, so if it needs all that js to load on showthread for a quick reply then that would be a major no for me tbh.

I will wait until the package has been trimmed a bit. Smile
(2012-06-25, 04:02 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I will look into those krewe. I must admit I boggled a bit at the size and number of js files. I have a bit of an obsession regarding http requests, so if it needs all that js to load on showthread for a quick reply then that would be a major no for me tbh.

I will wait until the package has been trimmed a bit. Smile
Don't be frightened by the size. Honestly, the biggest resource in there are the language files. But only one is loaded (currently defaulted to english), and you can delete all of the others if you wish. There are the three default skins that come with CKEditor in the skins directory (which you can delete if you want...they are titled kama, V2, and office2003), but those resources aren't loaded. The file ckeditor.js is the only javascript that is initially loaded along with the language support, and it is packed with all of the CKEditor core code.

Then there are three plugins I currently have to add support for MyBB (also packed) which I do not include in the ckeditor.js in order to support users who want to upgrade CKEditor without needing a new plugin.

That leaves javascript for dialogs which are lazy loaded only as needed, and there are only three (links, images, and video). Once the editor is loaded the first time on the page and cached, the response time is fairly quick.
Thanks for helping make this krewe, it fills a big need. Smile
Thanks seeker, glad I can help in any way.

I forgot to add multi-quote support when I fixed Quick Reply, but I have it working now. Will be in the next release.

BETA3 is available for download: https://github.com/downloads/kodene/MyBB...-BETA4.zip

This only contains a fix to enable multi-quote support, and I went ahead and cleaned up the build process to significantly trim down the package (almost 80% reduction).
EDIT - Built form the wrong version for BETA3 which broke quick reply. Updated BETA4 with the correct build.
(2012-06-26, 10:38 AM)krewe Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks seeker, glad I can help in any way.

I forgot to add multi-quote support when I fixed Quick Reply, but I have it working now. Will be in the next release.

BETA3 is available for download: https://github.com/downloads/kodene/MyBB...-BETA4.zip

This only contains a fix to enable multi-quote support, and I went ahead and cleaned up the build process to significantly trim down the package (almost 80% reduction).
EDIT - Built form the wrong version for BETA3 which broke quick reply. Updated BETA4 with the correct build.

you has link of documentation to add more button?
spoiler tag etc...
Dont work for me :/ Here is screenshoot: [Image: 4taSS.png]

(2012-05-03, 06:00 PM)mybboardvietnam Wrote: [ -> ]+ Edit newthread template
Find
</head>
Add above
<script language="javascript" src="jscripts/editor_themes/ckeditor/ckeditor.js" type="text/javascript">

Should be:
<script language="javascript" src="jscripts/editor_themes/ckeditor/ckeditor.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

But neither your code nor MyBB_CKEditor-BETA4 plugin still doesnt work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9