MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [beta] NeonGlow - responsive widgets, dark colors, modern layout + LOT of effects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(2012-05-24, 10:49 PM)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]just gonna state the obvious... how is this a gaming theme?

How are any of the other 'gaming' themes 'gaming' themes? Except the ones made for specific games like Portal for example the 'gaming' themes just use the name for marketing purposes and because it can be quite hard to name themes!
(2012-05-24, 11:25 PM)Clarkie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-24, 10:49 PM)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]just gonna state the obvious... how is this a gaming theme?

How are any of the other 'gaming' themes 'gaming' themes? Except the ones made for specific games like Portal for example the 'gaming' themes just use the name for marketing purposes and because it can be quite hard to name themes!
<This is not related to this thread I am just answering Clarkie>
Gaming themes are usually defined by graphics and the type of graphics they use etc. Gaming themes usually lean towards being grunge but obviously adding some misc images. A theme that has the image of COD not necessarily means it's about COD (I am making a gaming theme you'll be able to see a preview on wedesign soon), the best graphic images will be displayed obviously. There can be clean looking gaming designs, but those also include some sort of texture someway or another.
(2012-05-24, 11:35 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Gaming themes are usually defined by graphics and the type of graphics they use etc. Gaming themes usually lean towards being grunge but obviously adding some misc images. A theme that has the image of COD not necessarily means it's about COD (I am making a gaming theme you'll be able to see a preview on wedesign soon), the best graphic images will be displayed obviously. There can be clean looking gaming designs, but those also include some sort of texture someway or another.

Yes but that's personally how you see them, there's no real definition for 'gaming' themes so it's just what people have come to expect personally. Some might say the glowing logo makes this a 'gaming' theme!

I don't give a sh** what themes are called personally.
(2012-05-24, 11:54 PM)Clarkie Wrote: [ -> ]Yes but that's personally how you see them, there's no real definition for 'gaming' themes so it's just what people have come to expect personally. Some might say the glowing logo makes this a 'gaming' theme!

I don't give a sh** what themes are called personally.

Fair point. With a logo change and a few forums been made any theme could be called a gaming theme. It is just the fact that these dark skins are typically used on gaming forums instead of something different.
(2012-05-25, 03:12 PM)Roach Wrote: [ -> ]Fair point. With a logo change and a few forums been made any theme could be called a gaming theme. It is just the fact that these dark skins are typically used on gaming forums instead of something different.

^this.

@whoever said that this doesn't look gaming theme
A dark theme can always be used as a gaming theme with typical graphic change. Such theme will attract wider range of people instead of just focusing on COD or Assassins creed forum.
example : If i use swords and blades in the theme, sure it would like much of your kind of gaming theme. But what about people who want to use it on COD forum? will the blades fancy them?
Thanks to everyone's suggestions and idea, here is the latest update
[Image: neonglow.png]
Another wow! You never ceased to amaze Tushar. Your work reminds me an old designer of MyBB Turkiye. Sadly I can't remember his exact name.
I really like it... Looks like an IPB skin that would cost like $35 Big Grin
(2012-06-05, 06:23 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Another wow! You never ceased to amaze Tushar. Your work reminds me an old designer of MyBB Turkiye. Sadly I can't remember his exact name.
Thanks...i feel honored =D

(2012-06-05, 06:56 PM)Scois0n Wrote: [ -> ]I really like it... Looks like an IPB skin that would cost like $35 Big Grin
And it will cost around $25 xD
The latest look is awesome. I think I will buy it, and then buy a modification and a logo for it so I can use it with my space site. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8