MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RuneGear.net - RuneScape Community Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
A forum I started nearly 2 years ago for fun, and it's grown to this. We are an RS hacking forum with permission to advertise, + we're cleaning up the hacking content soon even though it's allowed here.

We've got a ton of custom plugins on the forum and more.

We have the one and only integrated Notifications system on MyBB (Likes, user tagging, replies, following, status updates, etc).

[Image: jbdF2ZELZPdpiI.png]

Followers (Users you follow allows you to be notified instantly of any new threads and status updates that they post).

[Image: jZSPDEQq6YNpG.png]

RuneScape Account merger + skill manager + postbit addition (this feature coming soon).

[Image: j3CnuJZkExsz0.png]

A versatile and dynamic vouches plugin which functions just like the Reputation system, and replaces reputation within the Marketplace forum sections, and vice versa (rep in non-marketplace).

[Image: joBJZ2uTsDYEr.png]

Pokes, just to add some fun to the community - Tomorrow these are integrated into Nudges.

[Image: jbtT58H0CYvo6Y.png]

Status updates - just because we're all so cool that we need to update everyone ever 5 minutes. Toungue Note: Many status updates are satirical and just aim to be humorous, since we don't want discussion to steer away from threads and posts.

[Image: jbnE3EJ9bDdeiL.png]

Finally, a small interesting feature - hover upon username, it displays some quick info to save some resources for basic needs (online, usertitle, etc).

[Image: jqKifEnAk7HkW.png]

We're a very laid back community, and plan on expanding into gaming sooner or later. We may get 200 posts on some days, 500 on others. It all depends, our niche is dying which is kind of sad but we'll move on and attract bigger markets. We see forums as something which should be unique, hence our necessity to implement custom features. We're the first to have many things, and will continue to do so.

I'm running this forum with Mike and 2 other Admins, both of which are developers, one being Java and the other PHP/MySQL. Our dedicated PHP developer may be familiar to many of you, he's Paul H. of the MyBB team and a great member to work with.

With such a dedicated team and constant influx of funds, RG will always have development going and features being introduced. We will always be a unique forum striving to be the best in it's niche.
Cool forum elite. I'm mad jelous of that Nudges plugin, bright idea Toungue
Just wondering, what do you mean by "Our niche is dying"?
He means Runescape as a whole is dying - the niche the forum is based on.
Great forum man, the notification system looks really good! but I tried to register and it keeps telling me that "the image verification code that you entered was incorrect. Please enter the code exactly how it appears in the image."

I'm pretty sure 8x3=24 so I don't think I'm doing anything wrong.
(2012-05-18, 05:40 PM)watomsk Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to register and it keeps telling me that "the image verification code that you entered was incorrect. Please enter the code exactly how it appears in the image."

That means the catpcha is wrong, not the security question Wink

Pokes are now a part of Nudges!
Yeah, but there is no captcha.
(2012-05-18, 06:02 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Pokes are now a part of Nudges!
Good to see that is being used nicely. Wink

TE, good luck, nice renovation.
I've been following the progress of this site for a while now as you know. I really love some of the extra features you guys have Smile
(2012-05-18, 06:02 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-18, 05:40 PM)watomsk Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to register and it keeps telling me that "the image verification code that you entered was incorrect. Please enter the code exactly how it appears in the image."

That means the catpcha is wrong, not the security question Wink

Pokes are now a part of Nudges!

(2012-05-18, 07:48 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-18, 06:02 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Pokes are now a part of Nudges!
Good to see that is being used nicely. Wink

TE, good luck, nice renovation.

What are you guys talking about Sad. Are you guys responsible for this awesome plugin that no one has? just like 2 people I think :/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5