MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: We Design the Net - Web Design and Development Help and Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(2012-06-03, 06:17 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]so by a simple (And free) register process the user can navigate back to the page and freely click on the link. Smile

Your registration process is not really simple.
Choosing your username, a password, the e-mail that you'd like to use, filling out the captcha and the human verification question is too hard? Man, I guess you've never seen IPB registration forms.
(2012-06-03, 07:56 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-03, 06:17 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]so by a simple (And free) register process the user can navigate back to the page and freely click on the link. Smile

My registrations is pretty much the same as any other forum out there that doesn't want to be spammed by bots. Smile
I want Brad to hurry and release the registration page he designed (I think). Toungue
(2012-06-03, 11:37 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-03, 07:56 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]

My registrations is pretty much the same as any other forum out there that doesn't want to be spammed by bots. Smile

Sorry, but you definitely don't need all this user-hostile junk to keep spammers out. Right now I am collecting usernames, passwords, and e-mails. Nothing else. My forum gets basically 0 spam. A lot of spam registrations though, but those don't really harm anybody. You need to be more creative about your moderation policies.

(2012-06-04, 12:21 AM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]I want Brad to hurry and release the registration page he designed (I think). Toungue

http://i.imgur.com/4Stbo.png

Anyone could recreate this fairly easily. I wish more theme authors would dare to touch upon more functionally important parts of the MyBB experience.
Believe me, I'd like to do away with the reCaptcha, but as soon as I activated it, spam posts and registrations stopped dead in their tracks (Well, that, and replacing the copyright text with an image). I'm not as experienced as you, I've heard it before, so of course I'm not doing it perfect. xp But I'm definitely trying to be fair, and keep out bots at the same time.
Try using Spamalyser instead of ReCaptcha. I mean, you don't have to, if it works for you ... captcha and copyright replacement didn't do anything at all for me. Of course, even keeping captcha, there is a lot you can do to make the registration simpler.
Registration questions is all I use Eric. Also, I've heard you can just use "Spamalyser" too.

Edit: Didn't refresh this page for 20 minutes so I was sort of ninja'd Toungue. I can't brad, my graphics is non-existant. Though I might pay someone like pixelmonkey for example in the near future to do it. I love that page. Why don't you use it?
Alright, I've added Spamalyser (Though admittedly the settings are very confusing), and I've disabled Captcha. Here's to hoping I still don't get any spam. xD I left the security question, if all goes well for a while, I might test disabling it as well.
I thought swapping the copyright message for an image fixed it anyway?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8