MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: We Design the Net - Web Design and Development Help and Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Well like I said before, it did seem to help a lot. Anyways, no spam as of yet so I'll be removing the security question as well. Smile
You seriously need to get rid of the plugin that's stopping guests to see links. It's extremely bad for you. You might think it gets users to register but 90% of the time it just sends them away.
(2012-06-08, 05:20 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]You seriously need to get rid of the plugin that's stopping guests to see links. It's extremely bad for you. You might think it gets users to register but 90% of the time it just sends them away.

Yes, exactly.

People will join a community based on the value of its content. When you're talking about design, links are a huge part of that content. In a conversation a linked reference will provide context to the discussion.

If I cannot ascertain the context of a conversation, the conversation is useless to me. Why would I join a community which -- to my current understanding -- only contains useless conversations?
Well, I planned on removing it once we got our Premium usergroup, but since it's such a bother and it doesn't look like any of the authors I requested from are working on the plugin, I went ahead and deactivated it. Hope that encourage more people. Smile Our registrations have definitely been low, so I've noticed that.
Why isn't the site in your sig anymore?

Tbh the site is doing very well, it gets quite a few posts daily. As long as the content is good and activity is high, you don't need any "motivational" plugins to encourage guests. They'll want to sign up themselves.
Oh, whoops, must have forgot to add it back in there. xD Thanks for reminding me. And yes, I'm pleased with how the site is doing as well, and we've got a lot of great members.
I joined now that the awful annoying hide links thing has been taken away.
Glad to hear it. Smile I really didn't realize it was that much of a bother. xD

Usually when I'm at a resource site that requires registration to view things (Like Planet Renders) the first thing I do is head to the register page. Guess everyone isn't like me, though.

Anyways, we've passed 3,000 posts, I'm happy to say.
So is the site called We Design or We Design the Net? On the site it just says "We Design" ...
Well, I sort of looked at the site as We Design, and We Design the Net as sort of the catch phrase. I mean it's easier to say We Design or WD than We Design the Net or WDtN. xP So yeah, We Design would probably be the shorthand name I guess.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8