MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: More Blog updates please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm not sure if this is the right section for a thread like this, but since it's related to a suggestion for MyBB 1.8 (well, actually a suggestion regarding the team blog), it shouldn't be a problem.

I think people would appreciate it if the team would update us on the development of MyBB 1.8/2.0 more frequently via Blog posts. Not sure about others, but I always enjoy reading blogs about on-going development, regardless if it's from the MyBB team or any other forum software team. Now the last blog post about MyBB 1.8 has been written nearly 2 months ago and at the top of the forum page we had to read the same old announcement for nearly 2 months (actually the announcement at the top of the page is not even the latest MyBB 1.8 related announcement Rolleyes ).

Anyway, I know that the development of MyBB takes place at a voluntary basis, but do you think it's nonetheless possible to write, lets say, one development blog per month? Smile
We had a similar discussion thread not too long ago which ended up being turned out in to a quarrel between MyBB team and some other people.
We'll update you with more information as time goes on - there's no point us updating you with little bits of information at a time. We always try to keep the community updated as much as possible so when we have something decent to post, we'll post it. Smile

1.8 is our main priority. I wouldn't expect to hear much about 2.0 until 1.8 is released.
I would write something if we had something to talk about. Much of my work so far has been optimisations here and there and an awful lot of planning while Justin finalises the theme.

Once the final development process starts I promise the tour will continue.
Alright, I understand. ThanksSmile
It would be cool to see the blog more community focused -- talk about cool sites running MyBB, or about useful new plugins. Finding information like that, as it is, is basically impossible. MyBB is nothing without its users.
We have thought about it in the past however it is our only method of announcing major news. Adding community posts to it could potentially dilute important releases.
Quote:How long can you hold your breath for?
At least the length of the George Massey Tunnel.

Yes, that would be awful.

MyBB is community software. You guys need to be louder about the great things you can do with it. You could keep a featured post excerpt at the top of the blog at all times highlighting the latest major release post.
(2012-05-23, 07:08 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]It would be cool to see the blog more community focused -- talk about cool sites running MyBB, or about useful new plugins. Finding information like that, as it is, is basically impossible. MyBB is nothing without its users.

This. Definitely this.

I've thought this for a while, but I'd love to see the actual MyBB community become more of a community. Like "Forum of the month" (which everyone wanted to see practically) and things like brad have said.
I had already suggested something like this internally. I'm on the wall about this because I can see both pros and cons.

(Staff see: http://community.mybb.com/thread-118789.html )
Pages: 1 2 3 4