MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [MyBB 1.2] MyBB Crystal Themes - NEW THEME: Crystal Purple
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Can you give us the .psd as to make translations of your theme ?
Will78 Wrote:how can I .psd for the banner so I can have my site name
I don't use Photoshop, I use GIMP, so I can't really give you one, sorry.
DuAel Wrote:Can you give us the .psd as to make translations of your theme ?
Once again, I used GIMP and not Photoshop - the .xcf file (GIMP's version of .psd) for the buttons is included if you have GIMP, though.

Jag100 Wrote:Hows it going with the other themes
Well, I haven't really started on them yet, I've been really busy with other things. I believe I have the buttons for Crystal Blue done, but I still need to make the other images and finish off that theme... I'll get to it when I have extra time, which I'm lacking currently.
nice themes ! thanks Smile
Justin S. Wrote:Once again, I used GIMP and not Photoshop - the .xcf file (GIMP's version of .psd) for the buttons is included if you have GIMP, though.

You can save as PSD using GIMP — just save it with a file extension of PSD. Each of the layers will be rasterized, though, when you let GIMP save as PSD, so there'll be no history, no way to see what steps were taken when making the buttons. But the file can be opened in Photoshop. =^^=
.Tif saves in layers i hear too.
cough, back in my day we had to save everything in tif, so our corel buddies could hack at the layers.
"Closed" button is in white.

Can someone make a psd file and attach it to this thread ?

(Gimp wants me to rename some dlls i don't want to. So I decide not to install it. Please make this for me. Thx)
If you don't want to go through the trouble of installing GIMP, you could always just use GIMP Portable. It's a fully self-contained version of GIMP, no installation necessary — just extract and run it. =^^=

As for the "closed" button, I believe it's supposed to be white. But yeah, it does look somewhat inconsistent with the rest of the theme, so I modified my copy of it to fit in a little better. (see attachment)

I also took the liberty of converting Justin's XCF file for the Crystal Black buttons into PSD (also attached). If you're going to do any translation work, though, you'll need to recreate the button text yourself. GIMP rasterizes text automatically, so they're not editable even in the original XCF version.
excelent! i just upgraded to 1.2 yesterday and the crystal white theme didn't work, so im like wth? then i read te announcement post and it said themes would not work! so i cant wait for you to get the crystal white one done Big Grin

good job
error:
MyBB Error
The upload was successful, or the file you specified exists, but does it not contain valid theme information. Please ensure that it is a valid theme file.

I'm using MyBB 1.2.1
Cool_Guy Wrote:error:
MyBB Error
The upload was successful, or the file you specified exists, but does it not contain valid theme information. Please ensure that it is a valid theme file.

I'm using MyBB 1.2.1

Whats your post_max_size ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6