MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Harajuju – The world's premier Japanese fashion community.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Harajuju is the world's premier online community dedicated to uniting fans of all types of Japanese fashion. Compared to other Japanese fashion communities that focus on only one type of style, Harajuju is a melting pot of influences -- from sleek and contemporary high-end brands to the street fashion born in the cores of Harajuku and Shibuya. An escape from the typical lens of that most of the internet sees this world through, Harajuju was created to be a fresh take on what a Japanese fashion community can be: open, intelligent, and evolutionary.

Here is an overview of just some of the great features we have:

Haralooks

[Image: g9wUi4h.png]

[Image: qqiXtam.png]

Inspired by fashion-sharing website lookbook.nu, Haralooks is our take on outfit sharing and trending. A site like lookbook can be a bad place to post fashion that is so different from the mainstream -- Haralooks ensures that the people who see your outfits are like-minded individuals who love Japanese fashion.

Give "Hearts" to your favourite looks to increase their ranking. Search through different style-types to see specific kinds of looks. Post comments to share your appreciation or to give constructive feedback.

[Image: e5sUIND.png]

[Image: CLgrz4P.png]

Brand Directory

Japanese fashion can be a troublesome hobby. It's hard to find in-depth information about less popular Japanese fashion brands in English. That's where the Brand Directory comes in -- it's the ultimate catalogue of the best Japanese fashion brands, including information about where you can buy them online. The Brand Directory is user generated content (although right now, it's been primarily me creating articles) -- we encourage people to write about their favourite brands to begin the discussion.

Dynamic Content

A stale front page is a sad front page. Thankfully, our front page is always changing due to the dynamic nature of our content. Along the top you'll find the latest photos from our Tumblr blog, giving a snapshot of what we're into right now. Along the side you can see the latest looks and the most discussed brands.

And now, some things that may be interesting to MyBB lovers:

[Image: kCsYV.png]

A completely revamped, easier to use User CP.

[Image: FqLOv.png]

And a new profile to go with it.

A registration modal that doesn't suck.

Thanks to ...
  • Yumi and RateU from MyBB Hacks -- without them, almost nothing you see here would have been possible.
  • Omar G for his support and, in particular, the plugin for message previews.
  • Euan T and Jason L for development support support.
  • Pirata Nervo for the development of the Haralooks plugin.
  • Tomm M for his MyNetwork Post Rep plugin and his continued support.
  • Yaldaram for his support and custom plugin development.
  • My staff member, Galism, for creating some new iconography and artwork.
  • Font-Awesome's great icon library.

While I'm the one who executed this project, it could not have been done without the complete support of the MyBB community. You guys are wonderful. Thank you.

For those who are interested in what's been done here, I am documenting it in the Humanization of MyBB Project which I will make available in the coming weeks.

I realize the subject matter of my community is likely not interesting to most of you here, but I hope you'll check it out and leave your feedback anyway.
It looks beautiful. Amazing work. It's way different from the last time I checked, it's the dynamic content, I guess. You modified so many things, it's inspirational.

Good luck with the growing of the community. Wink
Great site after successful Bay Blade community.
I don't think anything could be further from Beyblade, either, haha! But I'm happy to still be using MyBB after all this time.
wow brad.. amazing job

congrats!
Stunning as I said previously. And yes, design wise, this over takes your beyblade, my and many other tons of forums. Wink
(2012-07-06, 02:59 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think anything could be further from Beyblade, either, haha! But I'm happy to still be using MyBB after all this time.

Offtopic, but curious why you left the beyblade site?
I found a bug. When I loaded up the site on my iPhone, the top red bar and the bottom grey bar didn't go all the way to the right (on the index). They left a little open space on the side of the page.

Anyway, the site looks great. Heck, I'm surprised you even needed a new look; the original was already leagues beyond almost every other myBB forum. That you took it a step further is just plain awesome.

However, you might remember that I'm a member and had a very bad experience in my own introduction thread on your forum. I hope that since then your attitude towards new members, even those who aren't fashion gurus like you are, has softened a bit.
@Yaldaram: I accepted a job at a company developing a competing product. The site is still a nonprofit run by the same team I worked with. I meet up with the current admin often.

@cappazushi: Yeah, I'm aware of the bug on mobile, but there's a lot of mobile issues. One of my next steps is a fully mobile version, probably using GoMobile, though Tomm mentioned he was working on something as well.
Love everything about it, you've outdone yourself. I really like your choice in colours, and they way you make yourself unique by changing up default views substantially. I hope you don't mind if I "steal" some ideas.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15