MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Showcase forum.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I agree. The name "Showcase" is a bit misleading. Showcase would normally be a place to show off the best of something. And I certainly agree there are many boards in the showcase forum that do not fit that criteria.

A possible solution would be to make a "Feedback" forum where you can submit your forum for review - if it meets certain criteria then it should be moved to showcase. The best of the best can be made as stickies with the prefix "Featured Forum". Just an idea.
(2012-07-25, 07:38 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Tim told me this morning that he might do it this weekend :p

I do wonder if they are going to do a clean up this weekend could the forum then maybe also be renamed to something more fitting? Like "Looking for feedback" maybe a sticky with common mistakes that have a standard pattern that a lot of new forums follow.

And maybe later create a forum to properly showcase forums, that the Mybb staff selects?
Hmmm. And i was gonna repost the billiards this week. It would be good to know for sure.
Threads with last-posts up to about the start of this month have been moved to archive.
(2012-07-30, 11:51 PM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]Threads with last-posts up to about the start of this month have been moved to archive.

Ah okay, and about the suggested changes. Any news or?
I don't think we're planning to make any changes to Showcase just yet.
(2012-07-31, 09:04 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think we're planning to make any changes to Showcase just yet.

Sad
Could we maybe then at the least get some sort of guideline sticky. Of stuff you really shouldnt do unless you have a really good reason for it.
(2012-07-31, 10:36 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]Could we maybe then at the least get some sort of guideline sticky. Of stuff you really shouldnt do unless you have a really good reason for it.

You mean like this one which is stuck at the top of the showcase forum?
(2012-08-01, 08:03 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-31, 10:36 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]Could we maybe then at the least get some sort of guideline sticky. Of stuff you really shouldnt do unless you have a really good reason for it.

You mean like this one which is stuck at the top of the showcase forum?

It doesnt touch any of the problems lately though, the amount of tabs being used pointlessly, the usage of VIP when the admin is the only member on the site. All that stuff which you could pretty much make a word document to copy paste from. Like pointed out a couple of pages ago.

Like the main discussion of this thread became, the showcase currently is a bad showcase. Yes there are some pearls in their, but most simply copy a template used time and time again.
I think that the biggest "problem" on Showcase is that it is being used for Work in Progress sites. We have seen a couple that are good from the get go, but many are "hey, look at my empty board with the default theme - PM me to be staff". Maybe a requirement that there has to be X posts on their board first BEFORE posting in Showcase? It doesn't have to be a huge amount - fifty posts and ten threads would weed out most of them
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5