MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Converter phpbb2 -> mybb1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Converter phpbb2 -> mybb1.2
Yeepah, thanks a lot.
Hmm... thanks. Works... almost. When I run this on the hompage it shows everything as it should except threads - it doesn't show threads in the forum home.
Try Rebuilding your statistics and things in the Admin CP.
Okay, thanks. That worked. However, when viewing the actual thread (and only there as far as I can tell) I get an error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/username/public_html/forum/inc/class_parser.php on line 344
Nevermind. I fixed it when I upgraded to 1.2.1. Thanks,
Good work! So you get more MyBB users!
Thanks for the great import tool. Users, forums, threads, posts, and polls all worked ok. But avatars (either uploaded, linked, or gallery) and attachments didn't get imported for me. Has anyone got these to work?

Also, is it ok to run the import more than once? For example, during the transition period where I have both phpBB and myBB running while I play around with myBB and my users are still using the phpBB daily -- can I just run the import tool again to make myBB synced up with phpBB?
To answer my own questions:

Yes it is possible to import avatars. In my case, remote avatars were being imported, but uploaded and gallery avatars were not being copied over.
I made a change in the 001_users.php that fixed this:

Find:
$result = import_avatar($user['user_id'], $phpBB2url . 'images/avatars/gallery/' . $user['user_avatar']);
and
$result = import_avatar($user['user_id'], $phpBB2url . 'images/avatars/' . $user['user_avatar']);

In those lines, replace
$phpBB2url
with
$phpbb_path

Update: the same change (replace $phpBB2url with $phpbb_path) applied in 010_attachments.php allowed me to import attachments as well.

Also, I didn't run into any problems so far from running parts of the script multiple times (users, threads, posts, polls). It just seems to overwrite the data again. Just have to remember to recalculate stats and post counts in the Admin CP afterwards.
labrocca Wrote:On line 116 of 005_threads.php I had to addslashes() in order to get past an error.

$db->insert_query("#_threads", $newthread, addslashes(array('tid', 'fid', 'icon', 'poll', 'uid', 'dateline', 'firstpost',
		'lastpost', 'views', 'replies', 'sticky', 'numratings', 'totalratings', 'visible')));
You cannot use addslashes on an array. And why should you have addslashes there? Seems stupid to me.. As that isn't anything that is used when inserting to the db Confused
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5