MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: OMG He Ripped my Work!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Just use the PHP in Templates or Template Conditionals plugins if you want to do that kind of thing. Not hard.
(2012-08-24, 06:53 PM)Anurag M Wrote: [ -> ]Off Topic: @Yaldaram : Congrats on reaching 12K posts on MyBB. Smile

Thanks Smile
(2012-08-24, 01:36 PM)Anurag M Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, don't get confused after seeing the title, This doesn't happened to me. Actually this is a common dialogue in the "Development" section now-a-days, Not in just MyBB but in many other Development Forums.

In Replies:

1) OMG, He/She stole my collapse button!
2) Text-Shadow in that area was My idea!
3) That Post-bit style looks Way too similar with XYZ theme.
4) I think you copied this from XYZ source!
5) IPB looking theme, Ripper!!
6) You copied everything and changed the background! :O
7) XYZ and ABC.. same theme? way too similar!

In PMs & Emails:

1) You @#$# Ripper! I will DDoS you site!
2) Put my Copyright back or say bye bye to your Host!
[b]
3) I will contact my lawyer if you don't put the copyright back!
[/b]4) This is exactly what I expect from a N**B Designer, who can't create his own designs.

Abuses, abuses and abuses.....

After so many Replies:

1) Staff: Find another place to fight each other! (Closes the thread)
2) Staff: Thats Enough! (Closes the thread)

Note: This thread wasn't meant to point somebody in here or any other forum, Its just for humor, so just chill! xD

These two parts of your posts really pissed me off. Because while this is me, I don't think you truly understand the anger that runs through your head when someone violates your license. I've had to contact my lawyer numerous times to kill off the license violators.
(2012-08-24, 08:46 PM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]These two parts of your posts really pissed me off. Because while this is me, I don't think you truly understand the anger that runs through your head when someone violates your license. I've had to contact my lawyer numerous times to kill off the license violators.

This is what the thread is for. (Oops, Don't think the meaning is "to piss you off"), Its for discussions about how to stop the rippers, many of the designers including me faced these kinda problem now or before, maybe they can face in future, the aim of this thread is to have a deep discussion about this matter, sharing these kind of experience if you had.
If you wanted to have a deep discussion you certainly didn't show it in your first post.
(2012-08-25, 04:48 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]If you wanted to have a deep discussion you certainly didn't show it in your first post.

Angel
(2012-08-25, 04:48 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]If you wanted to have a deep discussion you certainly didn't show it in your first post.
I haven't set a boundary of discussions as far I remember..
Forums=Discussions,
and for the note in the bottom, Its written there because maybe some people would take this thread as a personal attack, which I don't wan't to.
(2012-08-24, 01:36 PM)Anurag M Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, don't get confused after seeing the title, This doesn't happened to me. Actually this is a common dialogue in the "Development" section now-a-days, Not in just MyBB but in many other Development Forums.

In Replies:

1) OMG, He/She stole my collapse button!
2) Text-Shadow in that area was My idea!
3) That Post-bit style looks Way too similar with XYZ theme.
4) I think you copied this from XYZ source!
5) IPB looking theme, Ripper!!
6) You copied everything and changed the background! :O
7) XYZ and ABC.. same theme? way too similar!

In PMs & Emails:

1) You @#$# Ripper! I will DDoS you site!
2) Put my Copyright back or say bye bye to your Host!
3) I will contact my lawyer if you don't put the copyright back!
4) This is exactly what I expect from a N**B Designer, who can't create his own designs.

Abuses, abuses and abuses.....

After so many Replies:

1) Staff: Find another place to fight each other! (Closes the thread)
2) Staff: Thats Enough! (Closes the thread)

Note: This thread wasn't meant to point somebody in here or any other forum, Its just for humor, so just chill! xD

Well I don't find anything humorous in it and its a very serious topic. So if the OP wants to treat this as a humorous topic why every user commenting here so seriously! I don't find any logic of posting this thread as there are many other 'humorous' topic to discuss to rather than this.

This.
(2012-08-25, 07:22 AM)Sukanjan.K Wrote: [ -> ]Well I don't find anything humorous in it and its a very serious topic. So if the OP wants to treat this as a humorous topic why every user commenting here so seriously! I don't find any logic of posting this thread as there are many other 'humorous' topic to discuss to rather than this.

I don't know if you have seen the previous post or not, where I clearly said the reason of putting that Note. Anyways if that particular matter makes a boundary to the discussion, I would happy to remove that.
I am hopeful that everyone in this thread can participate constructively, however I want to reiterate from previous threads on similar topics that this is not the place to make public accusations.

Also, keep in mind the distinction between creative influence and copyright violation. In a lot of these threads participants have been sitting on their high horses touting accusation of unoriginality while failing to recognize that creativity does not occur in a vacuum. It is perfectly normal for creativity to build upon and be influenced by the work of others, so let's be careful not to paint creative people being influenced by the work of others with the same brush as people violating copyrights.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6