MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: OMG He Ripped my Work!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2012-08-27, 05:13 PM)envira Wrote: [ -> ]Not only the one who ripped or nulled the theme/plugin should be banned,but also the members who download those stuff should be banned,from entering the general MyBB community.
When ripping is illegal,Downloading them is also illegal and a crime.

Whilst we're at it, let's ban all MyBB users who download music and movies for free too.
I think envira meant "downloading nulled or ripped theme".
Honestly I don't think downloading nulled/ripped themes should warrant banning though. Using them on live sites certainly, but I've honestly downloaded a few nulled themes simply to check out the code.

I don't support it at all, a few of my own themes have been nulled/ripped, but imo the only "real" problem is people using them live, like I said.
I'm not comfortable with that notion since it's possible a user didn't know they were downloading a nulled theme.
It's not the peoples fault that other people maliciously distribute a theme which they are not supposed to/have no right to. If they use it, then it becomes their fault and obviously they will be penalized for it just because you downloaded it? No, besides, the whole MyBB site will have to be banned, I'm sure.
No one can stop Ripping or Nulling.

What can staff do in this?

The only thing you can do is make your stuff so much complex that the Ripper loses after a few attempts.

Like apply javascripts of RIGHT-CLICK DISABLED, etc. Its just my thought.
CSS is easy to rip. Try ripping my theme though, it has 600+ customized templates, good luck to the ripper. Big Grin

Disabling right-click is sooo goofy.
You can still access the element inspector from the menu or by pressing F12.

I agree with making it complex though - up until now most theme designer didn't put enough work into creating frameworks for their themes, of course its easy to rip.
You gotta start all over man...
Well if your site is online can be ripped, i think peopple without any ideas or some stupid ideas like i stole that site and i put my own credits to tell all people i am an CSS expert xD.

Well i say to all people, i have my own ideas and share with all people and many like it another people wont like my ideas, but i have my site with many personalized mods with codes taken from here ant there, other by me, so i share my own theme her too and that because i only have to know how script works and html callings xD.

I help many people on many sites and tell if exist another site i wont help on nothing, they have to contact author site's and ask him for that codes, i can do it, but i wont like to do xD.

Finally i see sites and work on many codes to do many jobs and when is a good idea for me i ask to the user and i have to get his permission to use his code on my theme.

There are many many ideas on the net to do your jobs and you have only put your own brain to work and think on what can yo do to make a better job everyday and when you do this, your site have not to be the better site, only have to be a site of you and likes you xD. For that reason i like my site and i feel fine with that site, because some users like and some others wont like xD, but it's my job and likes to me xD.
Usually sites with nulled/ripped themes die very quickly anyway.
It's always going to happen, that's just the nature of the internet. Developers need to stop crying about it and just deal with it. All the crying and arguing in the world isn't going to stop it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6