MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Samsung Copying AGAIN ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
For photo editing: GIMP 2.8, Photoshop
Games: Steam, the Internet, Crossover Games.
Word Processing: Pages
Spreadsheets: Numbers
Presentations: Keynote

As far as hardware, well you can tweak quite a bit if you are willing to get a Torx set and a couple other basic tools. But you don't need to. The Mac works just fine with the hardware included. And it runs fast for a LONG time. Mine is over 5 years old now, upgraded 3 times, and still runs faster than the (used-to-be-good-specced) Windoze PCs in the house.
Quote:Also labrocca, you mention all the Apple products you've used (iMac G3, Apple Newton & iPad), these products are old with the exception of the iPad which you quite liked. You obviously haven't used a MacBook Pro or one of the new iMac's which would be a much better comparison to the windows machines your using now. Its easy to say that windows is a much better platform when your comparing older apple products.

Yeah and my fear is that once again because of the hype I'll be convinced to drop $2k then a month later sell it because it's nothing but disappointment. I just bought a kick lime Dell laptop for $1200 that's top of the line specs. And yes I said Dell but that's because I get great deals and have a business preferred line of credit with them.

Ugh...you guys make me want to spend $2k just so I can tell you everything wrong with it. That's sad.

Quote:15-inch: 2.6 GHz Retina display
2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
8GB 1600MHz memory
512GB flash storage1
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory
Built-in battery (7 hours)2
In Stock
Free Shipping
$2,799.00

WTF...$2800 for that! Holy hell!

I can get a top of the line Alienware for less.
Alienware isn't going to have what is, by orders of magnitude, the nicest computer display ever made. (Seriously, go try one if you can, it's ridiculous.) Also, 512GB SSD is pretty serious.

Anyway, I've said it a million times, but specs aren't everything. Everyone has different priorities. The touchpad alone is worth the price of entry to me.

Also, there are lots of programs that don't have Mac versions, but there's almost always an application for Mac that does the equivalent. And generally, Mac applications have much better UI/UX.
Bah...if I can find a decent used macbook I might buy it. Just to toy with their OS a bit. I think I'm okay spending $1200 but probably not more than that.
I know the thread went a little off topic and I'm late to the party, but why does it seem Apple fan boy blogs seem to put up sensationalist headlines such as the one linked in the OP?

They start the bias article with: "Samsung just got pounded to the tune of $1 billion for copying Appleā€™s designs." WTF kind of sensationalist garbage is this?

Also anyone who's been following tech news for the last few years know Gizmodo lost their credibility (the website "MacTrast" sources). And it's well received that Jesus Diaz (the author of the Gizmodo article) is indeed a total asshat ([1], [2], [3], [4]). Diaz is the type of guy who insults his own readers calling them names like "corporate cocksuckers" (not once but twice apparently lol), and always has to have the last word in an argument over the commenting system (which is pretty easy to do when you ban everyone who argues with you). This is the guy who said Apple's corporate security is the equivalent of the Nazi Gestapo (secret police). WTF. Why would ANYONE source an article written by him.

It's impossible to even have a legitimate discussion when these sensationalist bloggers shove down their opinions down your throats when NOTHING is proven in the court of law.
>implying most newspapers, blogs and news sites aren't sensationalist...
>implying boring headlines bring in customers...
Quote:Anyway, I've said it a million times, but specs aren't everything. Everyone has different priorities. The touchpad alone is worth the price of entry to me.

Biggest problem i have is with their desktop line up, the Mac Pro.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/sh...ly/mac_pro

The quad core is 2500 dollars, and for that amount of money you can build something yourself which has far higher specs then the mac pro. And even has a 27 inch monitor.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($549.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60 74.4 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Gene Micro ATX LGA2011 Motherboard ($269.98 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($142.27 @ Newegg)
Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 680 2GB Video Card ($530.25 @ NCIX US)
Case: Corsair 600T White Graphite ATX Mid Tower Case ($148.15 @ Mac Connection)
Power Supply: Antec 750W ATX12V Power Supply ($84.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($46.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VE278Q 27.0" Monitor ($294.48 @ B&H)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Full (32/64-bit) ($130.99 @ B&H)
Keyboard: Microsoft B2L-00002 Wired Ergonomic Keyboard ($22.72 @ Mwave)
Mouse: Microsoft BX3-00008 Wireless Optical Mouse ($17.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $2478.77
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-09-01 08:35 EDT-0400)

Anyways this is all getting extremely off topic :/
Have you never read from The Verge or The NY Times?
"Boring Headlines"? It's the freaking news what else are you expecting? People want to know what's happening not what they should be forced to think by sensationalist bloggers.

(2012-09-01, 11:38 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]>implying most newspapers, blogs and news sites aren't sensationalist...
(2012-09-01, 02:51 PM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]Have you never read from The Verge or The NY Times?
"Boring Headlines"? It's the freaking news what else are you expecting? People want to know what's happening not what they should be forced to think by sensationalist bloggers.

(2012-09-01, 11:38 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]>implying most newspapers, blogs and news sites aren't sensationalist...

Have you ever read a tabloid newspaper?

(2012-09-01, 12:40 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Anyway, I've said it a million times, but specs aren't everything. Everyone has different priorities. The touchpad alone is worth the price of entry to me.

Biggest problem i have is with their desktop line up, the Mac Pro.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/sh...ly/mac_pro

IIRC, Apple are dropping the Mac pro in the next 18 months. It's been behind the times for a long time now. Their iMac will be their main desktop. People don't buy big powerhouse PC's anymore, and those that do just build them. There is no need for a sexy 24 core machine these days.
Gizmodo sucks, though. Not sure why you are bringing them up as an example.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9