MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dietary Gaming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
The landing page is so glitzy though Big Grin

I would keep it, though maybe make the text on the signup box a bit darker, and definitely reduce the size of the footer. When I reach the bottom of a thread or the forum display its just too much - it looks oversized on the forum pages.
(2012-11-24, 12:31 AM)Crayo Wrote: [ -> ]No need for the landing page imo.

I agree.
(2012-11-24, 12:38 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-24, 12:31 AM)Crayo Wrote: [ -> ]No need for the landing page imo.

I agree.

Don't worry. I'm working on a solution to only show it once then never show again (via cookies) or I may make another splash page for logged in users with information on their threads, some news, etc. What do you think?
I really don't see why it needs to be shown at all though, what purpose does it serve?
(2012-11-24, 01:33 AM)Crayo Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't see why it needs to be shown at all though, what purpose does it serve?

Because if I introduced you to the community page directly you'd have very little knowing of what the site was about right off the bat. Where as with the homepage you immediately are presented with the indie gaming definition, reasons you should join, and a photo of an indie game.
Good job.
(2012-11-24, 01:48 AM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-24, 01:33 AM)Crayo Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't see why it needs to be shown at all though, what purpose does it serve?

Because if I introduced you to the community page directly you'd have very little knowing of what the site was about right off the bat. Where as with the homepage you immediately are presented with the indie gaming definition, reasons you should join, and a photo of an indie game.

I feel like this can be worked into the community landing, though ...
(2012-11-24, 03:58 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-24, 01:48 AM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]

I feel like this can be worked into the community landing, though ...

It can, but I'd rather keep the page clean. Throwing a shitload of banners and labels everywhere wouldn't appeal to me. I'd rather just show an appealing page to the user that you can read through quickly and it gets down to the business. I often ignore banners and such anyway as they usually convey nothing useful.
(2012-11-22, 07:41 PM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-22, 05:36 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Is it only me who sees a pretty botched layout (even after clearing caches...)

http://i.imgur.com/M1tNl.png

Also, I don't see any view new posts link? That's the only way I ever browse a site really.

Hmm...that's odd. Browser/os? It will be fixed when I return home from thanksgiving dinner. The new posts link is there, its in the footer.

Chromium on Linux. Latest version.
(2012-11-25, 04:34 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-22, 07:41 PM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-22, 05:36 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Is it only me who sees a pretty botched layout (even after clearing caches...)

http://i.imgur.com/M1tNl.png

Also, I don't see any view new posts link? That's the only way I ever browse a site really.

Hmm...that's odd. Browser/os? It will be fixed when I return home from thanksgiving dinner. The new posts link is there, its in the footer.

Chromium on Linux. Latest version.

Sorry for the delayed response. The bug is fixed now and registered users are redirected from the home page to the community page.

Also this thread has became the top replied to showcase thread of all time! Woo!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16