MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dietary Gaming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
I've been rude? Are you kidding me? If anything I've been nothing but nice, your attitude stinks so I stopped trying. Never liked anything you've done? I gave you advice on how to change the current theme you have because you were trying (people, this is wayy before all this started) to have two types of styles at once.

Quote:I mean no disrespect but I do not think this is the best that you can do nor do I find it appealing. The background of the theme is quite dark and a bit out of place, it drags the "mood" down of the theme and makes it look a bit dark, also with the shadow around the main container it just looks like too much gray, plus IMHO the shadow around the container is too dark - you've used too much gray, the background is overkilling it.

The logo looks really blurry, and the fonts on opera look totally horrid. The icons on FF look extremely awful, in Opera they look even worse. The fonts on your latest post is seriously wayy too small, the lowest a font should go in a design is 10px, the on off icons are way too light as well, and again with the gray (which is all over your theme).

Throughout your design you have no gradient, and when you click on a forum category and want to make a new thread there is a random as hell gradient button that doesn't go anywhere close to the theme, same with the random double border design of your postbit - you need to make your design flow a bit better.

This is what I told you once you asked me for suggestions, where in there do you see me being rude? Rather, I said it's not the best you can do. If you wish to ignore everything good people say and focus on the critique you see as bad and strike it off as people being rude, it's not my fault, but don't come here and act as if you're the last coca-cola of the desert.

Edit: I took in consideration the fact that you weren't going to use that theme forever when I sent you the private message, those were suggestions to improve your premade. Shame on me for trying.
(2012-10-21, 03:25 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]I've been rude? Are you kidding me? If anything I've been nothing but nice, your attitude stinks so I stopped trying. Never liked anything you've done? I gave you advice on how to change the current theme you have because you were trying (people, this is wayy before all this started) to have two types of styles at once.

Quote:I mean no disrespect but I do not think this is the best that you can do nor do I find it appealing. The background of the theme is quite dark and a bit out of place, it drags the "mood" down of the theme and makes it look a bit dark, also with the shadow around the main container it just looks like too much gray, plus IMHO the shadow around the container is too dark - you've used too much gray, the background is overkilling it.

The logo looks really blurry, and the fonts on opera look totally horrid. The icons on FF look extremely awful, in Opera they look even worse. The fonts on your latest post is seriously wayy too small, the lowest a font should go in a design is 10px, the on off icons are way too light as well, and again with the gray (which is all over your theme).

Throughout your design you have no gradient, and when you click on a forum category and want to make a new thread there is a random as hell gradient button that doesn't go anywhere close to the theme, same with the random double border design of your postbit - you need to make your design flow a bit better.

This is what I told you once you asked me for suggestions, where in there do you see me being rude? Rather, I said it's not the best you can do. If you wish to ignore everything good people say and focus on the critique you see as bad and strike it off as people being rude, it's not my fault, but don't come here and act as if you're the last coca-cola of the desert.

Edit: I took in consideration the fact that you weren't going to use that theme forever when I sent you the private message, those were suggestions to improve your premade. Shame on me for trying.

I've already fixed all 3 of those things...
You did take out the gradient but nothing else, you added the double outlines design to your main page and your fonts still look pretty bad.
(2012-10-21, 03:34 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]You did take out the gradient but nothing else, you added the double outlines design to your main page and your fonts still look pretty bad.

The font problem is not an issue on my end. Therefore, I cannot replicate it.

For christ sakes what have I done..

I've now changed the font to Lucida Grande a default font on most operating systems that looks almost identical to Droid Sans (previous font).

I'm now working on a game of the month section/header. There will be a box stating what the game of the month is at the top of the page. Upon clicking on it you will be brought to the game of the month section to participate in game of the month discussions. The background of body will also change based on what the game of the month is. This month is a popular indie game called Braid.

I hope you guys realize I really am trying to make changes.

How is this, guys (and girl)?

http://i.imgur.com/w8QWD.png

I'm now developing a new login as Anxiety requested.
How is this, guys (and girl)?

Is not showing up on my end.. even after refreshing the cache :/
I like that a lot compared to what you have right now. It adds a lot more spice and colo. But, the post-bit still bothers me Toungue.
(2012-10-21, 04:53 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]How is this, guys (and girl)?

Is not showing up on my end.. even after refreshing the cache :/

I have it on a separate style for me only while I make it the way I want. You were supposed to take a look at it through the screenshot.

You should be able to see the GOTM banner on your end now.

Just moved the box around the user details in the postbit to around the avatar/username as suggested.
Well I see some problems with your site. First things first, the theme is not the best for a gaming forum. The setup just doesn't fit the site. A normal forum layout would look best. The background on the theme is also very tacky. Also The site's main page does not really describe what the site is about that can be fixed easily. Now for the good. The niche is pretty unique mostly because it is more specific then just gaming which is great. The forums do have an okay amount of content on them. The logo also looks very nice.
(2012-10-22, 04:04 AM)tohplayer Wrote: [ -> ]Well I see some problems with your site. First things first, the theme is not the best for a gaming forum. The setup just doesn't fit the site. A normal forum layout would look best.

Do you have any reasoning for this?

Also, looking at your site ... those in glass houses ... etc.
(2012-10-22, 04:32 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-22, 04:04 AM)tohplayer Wrote: [ -> ]Well I see some problems with your site. First things first, the theme is not the best for a gaming forum. The setup just doesn't fit the site. A normal forum layout would look best.

Do you have any reasoning for this?

Also, looking at your site ... those in glass houses ... etc.
What about my site sorry I am confused at your question? Anyways my reasoning is purely because it will attract more members. A theme says a lot about your site. Look at some different ones.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16