MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dietary Gaming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Why would I change it from the default view that I get? That defeats the purpose...
Guys, back on topic here. This isn't about what other gaming sites look like. As I said in post #34...

Quote:I've now added a high-res background of Braid (a popular indie game) that added a bit more color. It also gave it more of a "gaming feel". I then added a hover-state for the menu icons as suggested. I've also edited the registration to suit Brad. I'm currently writing a set of rules as well.
(2012-10-21, 02:41 AM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, back on topic here. This isn't about what other gaming sites look like. As I said in post #34...

Quote:I've now added a high-res background of Braid (a popular indie game) that added a bit more color. It also gave it more of a "gaming feel". I then added a hover-state for the menu icons as suggested. I've also edited the registration to suit Brad. I'm currently writing a set of rules as well.

Well, it's on topic really, since it's suggestions of how your own site should look.

Regardless, all I see is greenery in the background x.x
And your active link is still getting a hover state, looks misplaced.
(2012-10-21, 02:43 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-21, 02:41 AM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, back on topic here. This isn't about what other gaming sites look like. As I said in post #34...

Well, it's on topic really, since it's suggestions of how your own site should look.

Not quite, I frankly don't care what IGN looks like. Let's stick to suggestions to make my site look more like a "gaming website". Continue your discussion with anori through PM if you so wish.

It's a photo of Braid nonetheless. I'll fix the bug with the active link now, didn't see it before.
Quote:Why would I change it from the default view that I get? That defeats the purpose...

Was a example of a site that doesnt have to be black just because its a gamesite (its like saying your frontdoor has to be red just because the neighbours front door is red).

OT:

I quite like the background, still think your forum sections and categories dont jump out enough, but its a step in the right direction. Especially because of the the rich amount the image has.

One other suggestion would be:

- Move the Dieatry gaming category below Indie game discussion.
People come for indiegames so that should be the first thing they see.
(2012-10-21, 02:45 AM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]

Not quite, I frankly don't care what IGN looks like. Let's stick to suggestions to make my site look more like a "gaming website". Continue your discussion with anori through PM if you so wish.

It's a photo of Braid nonetheless. I'll fix the bug with the active link now, didn't see it before.

I find it funny that you try to push all constructive criticism off as offtopic or bad (Okay, maybe it was a little bit offtopic, but still ultimately aimed at improving your design). Well, aside from adding a greenery background. >.>

Anyways, my suggestion would be changing your icons to ficons, and using gaming related images.
(2012-10-21, 02:51 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-21, 02:45 AM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]

I find it funny that you try to push all constructive criticism off as offtopic or bad. Well, aside from adding a greenery background. >.>

Anyways, my suggestion would be changing your icons to ficons, and using gaming related images.

Really? How in the world is you and anori talking about designs of various gaming forums related to my website whatsoever other then the fact my forum is about gaming. Go back and read on your discussion and realize what you're trying to pass as "criticism".
(2012-10-21, 02:51 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, maybe it was a little bit offtopic, but still ultimately aimed at improving your design

So yeah, showing "good" examples is a common way of suggesting improvements. But whatever. :/
Quote:One other suggestion would be:

Incase you missed that. Also for the news page i have two suggestions:

- Move the "News" menu icon to the left of the search (or even left of the board icon)
- On the news page remove everything on the left side. Since its all pointless you are best of to get rid of that, and simply make the news page about news. And not about a welcome box that is already visible in the header. Would look cleaner in my opinion.
(2012-10-21, 02:59 AM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:One other suggestion would be:

Incase you missed that. Also for the news page i have two suggestions:

- Move the "News" menu icon to the left of the search (or even left of the board icon)
- On the news page remove everything on the left side. Since its all pointless you are best of to get rid of that, and simply make the news page about news. And not about a welcome box that is already visible in the header. Would look cleaner in my opinion.

Done. Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16