MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Daily digest plugin - willing to pay $!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi, thanks - I logged in ok and have set email to my own address in user CP - though still waiting for the resulting validation email from the test site. Pretty sure I entered my address correctly, and I have checked my junk mail folders - perhaps it is just taking a while?
Ok, I ran it at 2.07. What sort of mail settings do you have?
(2012-11-07, 01:08 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I ran it at 2.07. What sort of mail settings do you have?

Thanks Leefish
Nothing has come through to me from the TestFish site email digest task - but I only just now received the change of email address verification email from the site after changing that test account email address last night. I clicked the verification link it contained and this went ok - maybe try running task again now?

The only email settings for my own site that I know about are what are on the general configuration settings page - screenshot attached. is this what you mean?

I don't recall anything else relating to email that I needed to do when installing MyBB on my webhost - however because my hosting plan included free email accounts for whatever domains I have websites on, while fooling around earlier in the year I did set up a couple of email accounts relating to this MyBB site: [email protected] and [email protected]. Checking these via webmail on my host, neither of these accounts has received or sent any new traffic since I set up the email digest task. Nothing new since July in fact - even though my site has continued successfully emailing notifications to users who are subscribed to threads - which suggests that these host based accounts are probably not doing anything other than picking up inward mail directed at the site.

Cheers
Ok, the task ran at 22.16 GMT+1
Yep - that worked, I got the digest (pretty much instantly too)

I wonder why the difference - what happens if you update to 1.6.8 ?
That will be the next thing.

There are a couple more issues as well - the links and colours do not parse correctly in the email, so that is a bit of a pain. I have asked for some help to get that fixed as it is a shame to leave it so.

Also - just in case it was not clear - I have no intention of charging you anything for this.
Well thanks very much Leefish! - I really do appreciate you taking to time to help me out.
If this does end up as a workable plugin, I imagine there will be quite a few other happy campers out there too!
Ok, updated to 1.6.8. The task ran successfully - did you get the mail? I ran the task MANUALLY.
(2012-11-07, 10:24 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, updated to 1.6.8. The task ran successfully - did you get the mail? I ran the task MANUALLY.

I am guessing the latest one of three received, dated 10 minutes before your message here was manually generated? If so, yes!

If you include a test user with fake address, do you get a system email log entry showing failure?

I am clutching at straws here - can't think what I might have done wrong or mis-configured that prevents my version from working like yours seems to. If you wish I would be happy to give you admin access so you can poke around?
Well, an update on this (sorry for spamming your mail box) - I spoke to Pavemen about the tags not parsing correctly - I saw that some did not convert correctly in the posts and that was a shame.

He pointed out that there is a rather large flaw in the current set up - the query currently runs for all forums and will send links of all posts to all users - private forum or not (eek).

I can make a setting where you can specify which forums to exclude - that is easily done.

What I did see, in my testing, that when I tried to make some code changes (exploring new things) and basically BREAKING it that the task did not run. It said it did, but it does not.

So that might be your issue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5