MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Daily digest plugin - willing to pay $!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2013-03-18, 06:10 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I never saw this - it sounds like you might be missing a file or something.
Hi - where would I start looking? I did a full reinstall when upgrading to 1.6.9, so assuming any base files relied on should be there?

Cheers
(2013-03-18, 09:08 PM)ArchPrime Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-18, 06:10 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I never saw this - it sounds like you might be missing a file or something.
Hi - where would I start looking? I did a full reinstall when upgrading to 1.6.9, so assuming any base files relied on should be there?

Cheers

OK, at least some of the problem lies with the mailsummary.php task -
changing line 39 from

my_mail($user['email'], "*** DAILY POST SUMMARY ***", $message, "", "", "", false, "html", "");

to

my_mail($user['email'], "*** DAILY POST SUMMARY ***", $message, "", "", "", false, "text/html", "");

at least fixes the corrupted email headers, even if the html in messages body is still not being parsed.

Looking at header information of the received emails, content type is being set to text/plain; charset=utf-8

Is it possible some kind of virus filtering is going on with host - perhaps triggered based on replyto address domain not matching host address domain ?

http://www.webdesignforums.net/threads/u...ers.19606/

I cannot seem to find any documentation on the php function called my_mail by Google searching (although there is apparently a mymail) - I wonder if my_mail is defined somewhere as a function by mybb itself?

This was tested on a test vanilla forum
It seems the problem was with my ISP - messages were being filtered out as spam.
Changed provider & now works!

Leefish - are you still interested/willing to look at how this could have some level of user control?
-Fundamentally need user ability to opt in/ opt out
-Need to not send if no posts
-Ideally ability to set frequency of sending per user (for small forums, where server overhead not an issue)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5