MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Domain Registar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I always use NameCheap. They are better and reliable.
(2013-02-11, 06:06 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Protip: Never host with registrar and never register domain with hosting company.

Agreed. Registrar has so many issues and if you have trouble with hosting, they can keep your domain and it's just not worth the trouble. You have more control over the domain through a domain registrar, and not a hosting registrar.
(2013-02-11, 06:06 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Protip: Never host with registrar and never register domain with hosting company.

So basically don't get a host from registrar .com and registrar a domain from a hosting company, or never get a host with a registrar for registraring domains and never registrar a domain with a hosting company?
(2013-02-12, 04:50 AM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]

So basically don't get a host from registrar .com and registrar a domain from a hosting company, or never get a host with a registrar for registraring domains and never registrar a domain with a hosting company?

Yes.
I personally use Namecheap and I have used GoDaddy in the past, but I'm liking NameCheap better and better every time that I use them.
I used namespro.ca which offers high privacy setting for a small fee for-life, thus my personal details do not show up on a whois search.
(2013-02-12, 06:55 AM)Snickers Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-12, 04:50 AM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes.

Yes to which one?
Do not host with a registrar, don't register a domain with a host.
(2013-02-12, 04:27 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Do not host with a registrar, don't register a domain with a host.

So what would namecheap be, or godaddy, or name .com?
(2013-02-12, 08:10 PM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-12, 04:27 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Do not host with a registrar, don't register a domain with a host.

So what would namecheap be, or godaddy, or name .com?

A registrar.

What Josh was saying is

DO NOT HOST WEBSITES with a registrar

And, similarly,

DO NOT BUY DOMAINS with a hosting plan
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12