MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: YouTube Community Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hallo everyone!
So I have created a wonderful forum thanks to mybb!..

It is a YouTube forum, and a place to come and share your videos and get involved in a community.
The most important part of promoting your channel and video views, is getting involved.
Joining a community is the perfect place, as you get to meet other Tubers with similar interest to yours.

http://www.ytforums.com

So come and take a look, and it would be great for you to join!
Please bear in mind that we are brand new. Come and grow with us!
Eh... I like the idea, I'd love to join a forum where I can come post my videos. But... I don't know. Your forum just doesn't appeal to me.

Your sidebar is ugly and not set up right. The latest threads thing is wide enough and is difficult to read. The latest news bar at the top is obnoxious. You have a big banner ad on the top of a brand new site... why? I understand the need to get money for hosting but you're a brand new site with no members and no posts, you can place ads after you get some traffic.

Your theme is way overused, but I guess it works fine. I don't know what else to say. Your forum just doesn't do it for me. But good luck in your adventures!
(2012-11-24, 06:33 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]Eh... I like the idea, I'd love to join a forum where I can come post my videos. But... I don't know. Your forum just doesn't appeal to me.

Your sidebar is ugly and not set up right. The latest threads thing is wide enough and is difficult to read. The latest news bar at the top is obnoxious. You have a big banner ad on the top of a brand new site... why? I understand the need to get money for hosting but you're a brand new site with no members and no posts, you can place ads after you get some traffic.

Your theme is way overused, but I guess it works fine. I don't know what else to say. Your forum just doesn't do it for me. But good luck in your adventures!

Ahh, thanks for the advice. I am still new to mybb and experimenting around..
How would you suggest i adjust my sidebar?..
I suggest you get rid of the sidebar. You don't need it.

Also, this is happening on your forum. http://i.imgur.com/jFBOm.png
Oh, I see that now..
Argh.. What is that?.. How on earth do I get rid of it.. For the forum to be just less than the window screen
You're sailing with the eternal risk of getting sued by Google Inc. Frame a well documented policy if you plan to be this project serious. Either way, it's still too much sensitive.
Wait what.. I don't want to be sued by google.. It is just a forum for youtubers to use... I dont want to cause any troubles.
(2012-11-24, 06:51 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]You're sailing with the eternal risk of getting sued by Google Inc. Frame a well documented policy if you plan to be this project serious. Either way, it's still too much sensitive.

Why? He doesn't use "Youtube" in the domain name. He's not using any youtube images besides the play button which isn't used by Youtube any more... He's not saying he's affiliated with youtube anywhere. Why would he be sued?

And @WarrenHaydon, I don't think you'll have to be worried about being sued for such a small project. You'll have to really become something big before they even consider doing anything. outube.com will be sued before you are.
(2012-11-24, 06:51 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]You're sailing with the eternal risk of getting sued by Google Inc. Frame a well documented policy if you plan to be this project serious. Either way, it's still too much sensitive.

This is really inaccurate. You should post references to support your claim if you're going to post something like this man. Some people said the exact same thing to me because I had "wwe" in my domain name and we discussed their product - more nonsense.

On-topic: This forum has no appealing factor. The theme is the most common free theme in MyBB and soon to be the default theme (basically) of 1.8. You have too many sections, an ugly sidebar and horrible category subscriptions, which I never see the point of as you have section descriptions.

It's a niche I don't think will work because whether you like it or not, YouTube is your competition. If people want to discuss YouTube videos, they would use the comments of that video. If they want to learn stuff about YouTube, they would watch YouTube videos. I just don't personally see it succeeding but good luck.
(2012-11-24, 07:05 PM)Crayo Wrote: [ -> ]This is really inaccurate. You should post references to support your claim if you're going to post something like this man. Some people said the exact same thing to me because I had "wwe" in my domain name and we discussed their product - more nonsense.
I didn't guarantee, but there's always risk involved if you make a discussion forum specifically just about a brand name, same with domains. Although the domain doesn't contain, I just basically said to frame a policy (well documented, doesn't take long, does it?). As far as I know, you too have certainly policy framed showing no affiliation with WWE.
Pages: 1 2 3 4