MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moderation Alerts Pack 4.0.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Hi Shade, first I'd like to say thanks for this amazing work. I have been using it for a while and users love all the notifications. I would like to make a suggestions of an additional moderation alert.

When there is a thread/post waiting to be moderated, it would show "You have X posts to moderate". When the posts are accepted/deleted, it searchs and deletes all notifications of this type. You would have to came up with rules when the notification is read, if it stays read on the list, or if it is deleted. I think it is essential to delete the notification when the waiting to be moderated posts are accepted or deleted.

thanks!
Thanks for your feedback echofloripa.

As for your suggestion, I do like it but unfortunately I can't implement it in Moderation Alerts Pack for MyAlerts due to the method MyAlerts uses to mark a notification as read. It's supposed to mark it when the user reads it and there's no way of workaround this behavior with an external plugin, unless I edit the Alerts.class.php file which contains the relative code, but that would be a per-user solution and should be a pain in case of future MyAlerts updates being released.

You could try to contact Euan T., MyAlerts developer, and ask him to introduce an API related to the "Mark as read" system the plugin uses which would let other developers decide their own method of marking custom alerts as read.
Instead of using MyAlerts for this you could add a row to the Your Account Summary area in the UserCP.
True indeed Jordan, but that should be another plugin instead of implementing it into this one.
what is DS store inside plugin do i must install it with it or i can remove it??
It's an automatically generated file of my Mac - nothing to worry about, you can safely delete it without any impact on the plugin.
ok thanks, and i will buy your Shoutbox plugin when release it
I will be making what I suggested above in the next few days as a stand alone. If anyone wants it sent to them sooner than it takes to be approved on the mods site it will be put on GitHub.

This plugin is now available at GitHub: https://github.com/JordanMussi/NumUnapproved
Nice one! Good luck Jordan Smile
Thank you Shade, much appreciated. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17