MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Have you ever advertised your community in real life?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Okay, I know the words "real life" should be censored, but have any of you ever advertised your communities in the land of real? Like magazine adds, or posters, or just you going around shouting your domain at strangers in the street?

I'm quite interested in reading your stories.
I've referred a few friends to ZEJ, who then proceeded to refer their friends.
Most of my friends don't even know I play video games, so no. I hear it can be a good way to advertise (like putting flyers in college computer rooms before class starts). Haven't been in a niche where I needed or wanted to though.
I sold window stickers, shirts, hoodies, mugs, coozies, etc all labeled with my domain and slogan for a while.

I have sponsored a charity gathering for a hospice that helped on of our members during the last part of his battle with leukemia

I have a business card template available for members to print up themselves to put on vehicles that would fit well on the site or to to hand out to friends or people they want to invite.
Real life eh?? Well yeh one or two even joined but then i felt like telling them scary stories and i lied i'd hack their IP. Since da day they promised they wouldn't join my forum. Also very famous forums are put on posters, papers and very few people think 0f this idea!
Those are great ideas - thank you Pavemen Big Grin
I'll be putting up posters soon enough around my college campus advertising my site. Just need to get approval through the proper channels. Toungue
Yes, I have business cards for my site that I would hand out to people who seemed like they could be interested. I need to make some new ones, though.
http://i.imgur.com/Ir7ho.jpg

A small local magazine ad, 300 copies, 1200 emails, but I'm still pleased with it.
Whoa, that's cool!
Pages: 1 2 3 4