MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sports Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It is supposed to be in a close to finished state. Not loading a load of random themes.

This is not you buying a tshirt in a shopping mall while we all tell you if it suits you or not Sad
The site is finished. I was going to keep the last theme but there was a problem with it. I then changed to the one I'm using the now. My site is almost finished, I just have a few problems, no-one seems to be able to find the solution..

Once this solution is done, all that's left is to get the userbars then the site will be ready! Big Grin
Total Posts: 2 | Total Threads: 2 | Total Members: 2 | Our Newest Member: Bateyy | The most users online at one time was 7 on Yesterday at 06:29 AM

Yay for finished active forums in Showcase Sad
Why does it need to be active? If it's a showcase then what does activity have anything to do with it?

I thought this section is to show of your site, looks wise. I didn't know you had to have an active site. :o
(2012-12-18, 07:30 PM)McCoist Wrote: [ -> ]My new site: http://sportsforum.comli.com/

I've not purchased a domain name yet because I don't know if it would be worth it.

What do you guys think?

Things I've still to do:

- New Logo
- New buttons in post_bit
- Favicon
- Custom Forum Icons

Other than that, what do you guys think of it? When completed, would it be a site you would join? Rolleyes

To answer your question: No. It has no content, no domain and is not even finished. It is not as if you have an active forum and an unfinished theme - or a finished theme and an inactive forum.

Ludicrous Sad

* Leefish leaves showcase cos it just makes her SAD and MAD right now.

http://www.audioenglish.net/dictionary/showcase.htm <<
(2012-12-18, 08:49 PM)Dark Abyss Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-18, 08:19 PM)Crayo Wrote: [ -> ]You need to get a proper domain.
should*
It is just starting out. Why should he invest money if the forum isn't guaranteed to turn out like he wants and he will lose money?

You spend money, to make money. It's the simplest concept in the world. You have to buy the lemons before you can start selling lemonade.

@OP

Personally I don't like the header being bigger then the actual forums, but that's just me, it just looks odd to me.

Your theme doesn't really look "sporty" to me.

I don't understand the point of having gaming as a category, why not just a forum? Your main focus of the forum is sports, but you only have 6 sports related forums and 10+ unrelated forums.

You don't have any threads/posts. The point of the showcase forum is to show off a FINISHED product and try and introduce some more members to your forum, as well as get small CNC about your forum. No one wants to join an empty forum.

edit: Good luck in your adventures.
(2012-12-19, 03:28 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-18, 08:49 PM)Dark Abyss Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-18, 08:19 PM)Crayo Wrote: [ -> ]You need to get a proper domain.
should*
It is just starting out. Why should he invest money if the forum isn't guaranteed to turn out like he wants and he will lose money?

You spend money, to make money. It's the simplest concept in the world. You have to buy the lemons before you can start selling lemonade.

@OP

Personally I don't like the header being bigger then the actual forums, but that's just me, it just looks odd to me.

Your theme doesn't really look "sporty" to me.

I don't understand the point of having gaming as a category, why not just a forum? Your main focus of the forum is sports, but you only have 6 sports related forums and 10+ unrelated forums.

You don't have any threads/posts. The point of the showcase forum is to show off a FINISHED product and try and introduce some more members to your forum, as well as get small CNC about your forum. No one wants to join an empty forum.

edit: Good luck in your adventures.
The Gaming section will be mostly used for FIFA Ultimate Team. Madden and NBA.
Your forum doesnt even load for me come on man.
(2012-12-20, 01:14 AM)BaconSammich Wrote: [ -> ]Your forum doesnt even load for me come on man.
Must be a problem on your part. Site's running fine.
OK, so now you've changed absolutely everything, but there's still no content. This section is not to get guidance on your design as you're designing it. There's a development section for themes if that's what you want.
Pages: 1 2 3 4