MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Single or Multiple Universes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Multiple universes are possible, but to me just as possible as a planet full of purple singing dinosaurs (Oh wait, that's our planet).

If there are multiple 'me' how would one contact ones self? I want to know if it's any warmer in these other places.
(2013-01-03, 12:08 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]Multiple universes are possible, but to me just as possible as a planet full of purple singing dinosaurs (Oh wait, that's our planet).

If there are multiple 'me' how would one contact ones self? I want to know if it's any warmer in these other places.

they're on facebook silly
I see we cannot even have a decent conversation here..

Anyway Eric J. unless you're studying physics, I don't really you recommend you to try to understand the theories behind it, you may end up crazy!

Actually, the world you suggested is actually possible to exist in the universe. Considering it is infinite, there is also an infinite number of planets, which means all life forms also exist, plus, they also exist in an infinite number!
I don't see why it couldn't be possible. Do I really care if other universes exists though? No because we can't even come to fully understand our own why should we worry about another one?
There are most likely multiple universes and definitely at least 11 dimensions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkxieS-6WuA

Whether or not they exist is not what is really up for debate, what is up for debate is how we define and interpret the terms.

To me, any world I visit in a dream is another universe/dimension (if you watched and understood the video I linked, it can be stated that dreams are essentially visits into any dimension beyond the 5th dimension.

I have a lot of thoughts and theories about alternate realities, dimensions, and dreams as well.

For example, what if sleeping is our natural domain, and the dream world is where we are supposed to be, and the only reason we are ever awake is so we can secure ourselves a safe environment for our next sleep, and to of course fuel the machine that is our body which guards and protects our subconscious?

Another big question is, do we have free will or are things pre-determined? If we have free will there is an endless, infinite amount of potential universes. There is a Universe where I decided I could not be bothered to reply to this thread. I have the power right now which universe I want to create, the one where I post this reply, or the one where I don't.

My favourite movies relating to this subject:

The Butterfly Effect

Back to the Future

Waking Life
Well even if there isn't free will there could still be infinite universes with different pre-determined paths.

Yes, I just blew your mind.
Well that definitely makes sense seeing as I believe everything is pre-determined, yet also believe in multiple universes.

Given the exact previous conditions leading up to me posting that reply, the exterior stimuli would have always driven me to make the reply so long as all the conditions and variables remained constant.

Replicate this universe, however big is may be, atom for atom, quark for quark, and they will play out exactly the same, I reckon. BUT change just one thing, remove one atom, add one atom, and due to the butterfly effect and infinite time, the chain of events it makes could be phenomenal.
ESR360's posts are a great example of what happens when you take your knowledge of the cosmos not from scientists but from YouTube videos and Ashton Kutcher.
(2013-01-03, 06:28 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]ESR360's posts are a great example of what happens when you take your knowledge of the cosmos not from scientists but from YouTube videos and Ashton Kutcher.

I don't think discussing how I got my knowledge of the Universe is appropriate for this forum.

Although Ashton Kutcher is my favorite source of science information and "the cosmos", I do have a list of other favorite philosophers and scientists I could bore you with, but I'm sure you have much more important things to do.
Aah, now this is a theory that pops up a lot in the roleplaying world, albeit in a slightly different form.

The way it goes there is that, basically, what if the characters one plays actually exist in a different universe to our own? Of course, this would necessitate the multiverse theory as well, as they couldn't exist in an alternate universe if there was, well, no alternate universe.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9