MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Single or Multiple Universes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I seriously recommend you to read this instead of watching youtube videos:
http://www.learner.org/courses/physics/u.../unit4.pdf

I haven't talked about other dimensions because you clearly understand nothing about them. The simple fact that you assume that you can travel to other dimensions but refuse to discuss something as simple as traveling from length to height (both are dimensions so I'm assuming, since you can visualize both, you can understand that what you've said is ridiculous).

What you're saying is that in a certain dimension, things have also dimensions. So, each dimension would have multiple dimensions. You should really start reading, instead of watching.
(2013-01-04, 05:01 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]I seriously recommend you to read this instead of watching youtube videos:

I haven't talked about other dimensions because you clearly understand nothing about them. The simple fact that you assume that you can travel to other dimensions but refuse to discuss something as simple as traveling from length to height (both are dimensions so I'm assuming, since you can visualize both, you can understand that what you've said is ridiculous).

What you're saying is that in a certain dimension, things have also dimensions. So, each dimension would have multiple dimensions. You should really start reading, instead of watching.

Ok I will give that a read, thank you.

But to answer your question about moving from length to height, if I stand up now and walk to the end of my room, I have traveled through the first 4 dimensions, I have not gone from the 3rd to the 4th, but rather, perhaps, from the third through the 4th, and from the 2nd through the 3rd. I have moved in space (3D) through the 4th dimension. With no 4th dimension I would have just appeared to have teleported from one end of the room to another. Just by existing (in terms of physical matter, not spiritually) I am moving from the 1st dimension through the 2nd dimension constantly.
Lol, this whole thread has made me laugh. Honestly, and I am sure it's not supposed to - specially ESR's theory of dimensions.

ESR, you don't know what you're talking about. Your ideas are pretty ridiculous and have no grounds - all you've backed up your ideas with is with Science Fiction movies who have Ashton Kutcher in it, like really? Dreams are Scientifically Proven, when you close your eyes the vision or whatever YOU tell your brain to imagine is because of a triggered action - not because you're "traveling to a dimension". Science can explain dreams, science knows areas of the brain have more activity when a person dreams. Jumping up and down (moving then jumping which would be length to height) is traveling through dimensions? Are you reading your stuff?
Science Shmience.....i believe what the internetz tells me
(2013-01-04, 05:57 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, this whole thread has made me laugh. Honestly, and I am sure it's not supposed to - specially ESR's theory of dimensions.

ESR, you don't know what you're talking about. Your ideas are pretty ridiculous and have no grounds - all you've backed up your ideas with is with Science Fiction movies who have Ashton Kutcher in it, like really? Dreams are Scientifically Proven, when you close your eyes the vision or whatever YOU tell your brain to imagine is because of a triggered action - not because you're "traveling to a dimension". Science can explain dreams, science knows areas of the brain have more activity when a person dreams. Jumping up and down (moving then jumping which would be length to height) is traveling through dimensions? Are you reading your stuff?

Oh give over, just because I said I liked that movie you think I'm basing all my ideas off it? Please, give me more credit than and stop assuming things. What an ignorant view point.

All my ideas are based off my own subjective experiences, not some movie I saw. The film isn't even about dreams. I haven't used anything from that movie at all to back up anything I said, and I never mentioned it apart from my first post, stop making stuff up, did you even ready my posts? What's your problem?

I will say this one last time, we are posting in a thread about alternate universes and dimensions. As far as I'm concerned this is a science fiction discussion. You clearly do not have an open enough mind to participate in such a discussion.

Your paragraph describing dreams is about as deep and open minded as my 13 year old sister's view point. Science is no where near close enough to fully understanding dreams, and if you think science can explain dreams you are extremely naive.
Your experience have no backing at all though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method is used for a reason. Because it tries to make evidence indisputable thus leaving little room for debate.
I think everyone saying the same to him is not enough..oh well.

(2013-01-04, 05:51 PM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-04, 05:01 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]I seriously recommend you to read this instead of watching youtube videos:

But to answer your question about moving from length to height, if I stand up now and walk to the end of my room, I have traveled through the first 4 dimensions, I have not gone from the 3rd to the 4th, but rather, perhaps, from the third through the 4th, and from the 2nd through the 3rd. I have moved in space (3D) through the 4th dimension. With no 4th dimension I would have just appeared to have teleported from one end of the room to another. Just by existing (in terms of physical matter, not spiritually) I am moving from the 1st dimension through the 2nd dimension constantly.

See? I think we're getting somewhere. You are moving on those dimensions, you are not traveling from one to another. If you read your other posts, you were saying that you could travel from one dimension to another - which is ridiculous! The universe has multiple dimensions (it depends on the theory you pick since each has different amounts of dimensions) and you can travel in each of them, but from one to another is absurd to say. I hope you understand that.
(2013-01-04, 06:50 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]I think everyone saying the same to him is not enough..oh well.

(2013-01-04, 05:51 PM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]

See? I think we're getting somewhere. You are moving on those dimensions, you are not traveling from one to another. If you read your other posts, you were saying that you could travel from one dimension to another - which is ridiculous! The universe has multiple dimensions (it depends on the theory you pick since each has different amounts of dimensions) and you can travel in each of them, but from one to another is absurd to say. I hope you understand that.

No, everyone saying the same thing to me isn't enough to get me to change my viewpoint, not if I still disagree with it, that isn't how being open minded works at all. I'm still willing to accept I'm wrong, but I'm just sharing ideas and I'm not actually trying to claim anything as being the truth, not at all. I just like to think about possibilities.

So when I was saying you could travel from one dimension, to another, I think I understand why that is wrong to say, but I just picked a bad choice of words to describe what I actually meant. We've already established it is very difficult to describe and explain this matter with words. Let me try and modify my theory then, and see if it makes any more sense:

When you dream, you are able to perceive/experience other dimensions, ones which you would not otherwise be able to experience in waking life. Are you more happy with the wording of that? Or am I still a rambling nut job who has no idea what I'm on about.
The only dimensions you can perceive while you are dreaming are the ones that you can perceive when you are not dreaming. Length, Height, Depth and Time. No other dimension is perceivable and dreaming doesn't give you that perception.

While you dream you can experience different realities, different universes if you wish. Why? Because if there are infinite universes there are infinite realities, thus you can experience one reality while you dream despite the fact that it may seem unreal. In fact, it is not real because it doesn't match your reality, but it's reality in another universe.
Pirata, that is too complicated for him ;~; too many real non-realities there man.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9