MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New MyBB Vector Logo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Where can I find the new MyBB logo vector?
I'm looking to deviant it into my social icons sprite sheet.
thank you Smile

btw if you happen to know the best place to find most of the popular website logos/branding in vector format for free (for deviants) please let me know.

Edit:
ZOMG on the responses made on this thread by some...
See my next post:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-134754-...#pid975827

Thank you to Paul H., and especially effone! and to my surprise even Brad-t in this instance (it's nice to see you with the same point of view this time lol)

Edit2:
I made a vector version (manually) of the original MyBB logo which you can download from this post:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-134754-...#pid976106
I'm not sure if we're releasing the vector version the the public, let me ask Mike.
Why wouldn't you? What do you have to gain by not releasing it? Surely you only have things to lose?
(2013-02-18, 07:58 PM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]Why wouldn't you? What do you have to gain by not releasing it? Surely you only have things to lose?

Why would you release the vector of a logo for a "company" you own? It's like giving away the source code of Facebook.

I don't release any of my PSDs. If anything, I'll provide the public with a transparent image but that's it. That's my opinion on this, some will have different views.
(2013-02-18, 10:26 PM)iHydra Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-18, 07:58 PM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]Why wouldn't you? What do you have to gain by not releasing it? Surely you only have things to lose?

Why would you release the vector of a logo for a "company" you own? It's like giving away the source code of Facebook.

What? No it's not. It's not even close. Can people here stop with the nonsense analogies? (By the way, both Facebook and Twitter release vectors of their logos for authorized promotional use in their respective Brand Resource Centers.)

MyBB is a non-profit, open source project that is promoted by word of mouth. Supporters, journalists and developers need access to high quality press materials in order to cover and promote the project.

MyBB should release this, or at the very least, a super-high-res PNG.
(2013-02-18, 10:40 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]

What? No it's not. It's not even close. Can people here stop with the nonsense analogies? (By the way, both Facebook and Twitter release vectors of their logos for authorized promotional use in their respective Brand Resource Centers.)

MyBB is a non-profit, open source project that is promoted by word of mouth. Supporters, journalists and developers need access to high quality press materials in order to cover and promote the project.

Agreed. The source code for an application allows another company to make an exact copy of your entire site. A vector image allows what? People to use high resolution images, modify it a bit to make it their own? What else? It's not like they can steal all of your customers by providing the same service - its a damn logo.

And even if that analogy were true - MyBB DOES give away it's source code, so that's a moot point.

I don't release any of my PSDs. If anything, I'll provide the public with a transparent image but that's it. That's my opinion on this, some will have different views.

When I ran my old PSP forum, I had a great logo designed for me by one of the members ( http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs28/i/2008/1...tually.jpg ). I offered the PSD to my members so they could make signatures, logos, whatever they wanted. It basically allowed my members to advertise my website for me. And it will do the same in this case. The likely hood is, if the logo is being used on a website, it will link to the MyBB homepage. So in my opinion, it can only be a good thing releasing it to the public.
(2013-02-18, 10:40 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]

They can release a super-high-res PNG, but doubt they'd release the source file(PSD/AI). You're giving it out for the public to mess with. We'll just wait for the final say I guess.
But what is the problem with releasing the source file? MyBB as a software is already open source. Anybody can freely take it and re-release it.
What all these fighting for? Isn't it easy to replicate?

[Image: mE4INvE.png]

I've generated the vector version too (.ai), but I'm just not sure if I can share it or not.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6