MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tableless Responsive Theme for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thank you Kdevs
Updated:
removed 3 level gradients and replace color scheme to a metro style coloring palette. Moved Board Stats into it's own tab.
Deeplinking enabled.
Feedback welcomed
Great looking theme. Have you posted it for download (I didn't see it on Github)?
I'm live beta testing in on www.modymart.com/forums/
If you want sign up and PM me your username so I can make it available for you to select in user cp options.

Basically I'm now working any issues with Forum Display, Threadlist, and also working on show thread. I've been working hard on an online TV show called Couch Talk with Gamer Girls #CTWGG so I haven't been able to do a lot of work on it for the last couple of months.

The nice thing about how I set up the CSS though is that it can be easily updated to newer versions of Foundation by Zurb when they're released because any customizations are in 2 separate global CSS files. I Also am trying to find a right balance with the overall em max width for the theme. right now I think I'm at 92 or 96 em total width, 12 columns layout.

Since I mentioned it, I'm gonna plug my show with a url:
https://www.facebook.com/CouchTalkWithGamerGirls

If you're into video games check it out! Smile
I'd love to try it out, but when I attempted to register at your site I get a 404:
http://www.modymart.com/forums/member.ph...n=register
Because traditional membership signup is disabled, you're not supposed to even get to that coopa page. Another problem to fix, it's a Facebook only signup because I was getting a lot of trolls with no accountability.. Facebook only sign up was a GREAT deterrent as it worked. PM me details if you don't have FB and I'll make you an account.
Ive had a look and think that this is awesome anyone in there right mind would know how much time and effort has gone into this project I take my hat of to you sir.

I would like to implement it into a site that I am in the process of launching web/forum service and would like to be ahead of the game by making it responsive.I personally make all of my work responsive as you are catering for all and the future.

Well done.

greg
Thanks for reminding me Greg.. I'll upload all of it right now to my github... I'm no longer a die hard fan of MyBB and I've moved on to more modern softwares. Which has ofc it's own set of problems.. but anyone is welcomed to continue working on it.. I've done most of the tedious crap.. all that's left is some html formating in the templates using the structure of the CSS framework and some javascript fixes to make some of the MyBB features work on the framework and then it's done. Long story short.. I haven't worked on it in a few months... and I'm not sure where my most recent revision is (where I puts days of work in) but here is the old revision from march 4th 2013:
https://github.com/LevyImage/FoundationN.../MyBB1.6.x

where ever you see this:
<!-- customize -->
in the individual templates it means that template needs to be converted to conform to the CSS framework structure.

Almost ALL traces of Table HTML has been removed... it's intended as a TABLELESS responsive MyBB theme.

if you push changes I'll more than likely add them... if MyBB tech drastically improves I'll probably work on this regularly again.

P.S.
the fn folder goes in MyBB images folder.
theme file is the XML file.

Again this is an old revision from March 2013.. I dunno what computer or where my newest revisions are... like I said it's been (more than) a few months that I've not worked on it.

p.s.
my ftp client is tied up at the moment, but when done I need to update the github fn folder as well.. just so you know incase you download it before I update. See commits for fn folder to check if I did or not.
Yeah if is uploaded i will implement it and find the quirks and try to iron them out, I intend to put it within a wordpress site from what I have seen I would advise you to try to complete it and then stick on theme forest or one of the other sites, and try and get some reward for the work you have done, I would certainly blog about it and provide backlinks for you from my site which is responsive web design.

I am sure there are lots of other developers/companies out there who would like to have a responsive forum using mybb.

I will post on here when I have implemented the changes to the responsive government site I am building which needs a responsive forum inside it.

Don't take any notice of others I think you have done a good job its not like you have been paid to do it.

greg
Hi Greg,
thank you so much,
yea try it out, pretty sure what I uploaded is ready to go for some beta testing and further development. Basically after you download the xml and fn directory from github.. the xml is the theme code for MyBB and the fn directory gets uploaded into your images folder. Upload the xml via your admin cp theme, then in you user cp settings you can select it and activate it for just you. User panel templates are a mess but work still. In any event thank you so much for offering to help with this and I hope it's usefull. The really nice thing is that this theme is kinda hot fix-able in that all you need (depending on the changes zurb make in their framework updates) is the updated CSS files and updated js files and you're good to go on Foundation by Zurbs most recent framework. And you can use his custom framework tool to download a CSS with larger or smaller gutters and different responsive dimensions.. Good stuff.

-david

https://github.com/LevyImage/FoundationN.../MyBB1.6.x

edit:
p.s. fn folder has been updated
I will keep you posted when I get it working I have several projects on at the moment and that one is the least urgent so it might be a little while I will certainly post here when is done.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6