MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB is becoming too old respect the other
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
I know that MyBB is a free software but if you accept good feedbacks you should accept also negative.
I'm a MyBB fan so I'll not give this feedback with hatred, I'll not change board because I'm in love with it.

If we talk about the theme, it is old. But not old because has passed to many time from when it has been released (it's also true but forgetable), but old because it is no longer modern for current web layouts.
phpBB 3 has been released, so the theme is old but still a bit modern.
MyBB style is not on the level of smf 2 too, and it's strange but punbb 1.4, the most simple board has a better default layout.
The good thing is that functionalities are still great but to stay competitive it should be updated or competitors become like a tsunami on us.

Another thing I would say is that I'm a lot disappointed.
In the past (years now) you announced to work on mybb 2.
I was excited of the news when months later you announced then a Mybb 1.8 that seems a thing thrown out. Apart theme, nothing more old, instead to be a great new theme, it's old.
I'll stay with mybb anyway because actually the functions are great and i make a theme myself changing a custom one. I would love to see other new function like some of ajax things: see xenforo, burnig bord (version 4 is coming).

Good work team
Guy has a point.
Its time someone did a major (stress, mind you) revamp of the default layout. The more AJAX, the faster, the better. The more JavaScript, the more sophisticated.

MyBB 2.0 is still being worked on, though progress is not as fast as MyBB 1.8.
1.8 is only a minor upgrade. You can't expect everything to be rewritten, otherwise 2.0 won't be out for many, many years. 1.8 wasn't even meant to exist in the first place. Yes, we could have spent an extra few months developing a new theme and breaking every forum out there, but you have to be realistic. 1.8 isn't the place for huge changes. 2.0 is huge. You wouldn't believe the amount of work which needs to be done.
(2013-03-31, 05:42 PM)Løque Wrote: [ -> ]If we talk about the theme, it is old. But not old because has passed to many time from when it has been released (it's also true but forgetable), but old because it is no longer modern for current web layouts.

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

We encourage our users to change their theme as soon as they install the forum. This default style isn't intended to be used on a production forum really... hence why in order to showcase your forum in our showcase forums, you need to have some level of customization (such as a new theme).

The theme provided with MyBB 1.8 is much more modern, and I believe it meets, if not beats 'competitors' default themes.

MyBB 2.0 also has a much more modern design. Nothing like MyBB 1.6 or MyBB 1.8.
MyBB 1.8 has the apart theme? Or the apart theme but updated?
(2013-03-31, 08:19 PM)Løque Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB 1.8 has the apart theme? Or the apart theme but updated?

Yes, but it's much more modern and does (im my opinion) match 'competition'.
Quote:An updated version of the Apart Theme series will be included as the default theme in MyBB 1.8.

Edit: Ninja'd
(2013-03-31, 08:19 PM)Løque Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB 1.8 has the apart theme? Or the apart theme but updated?

Have you actually seen the 1.8 demo?
I never seen the link, could you please link it? Thank you. Heart
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19