MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Will it be possible to create table-less templates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
That's basically what I'm asking for. A list of the js that references tables. Just so I can get started
Just wanted to throw out there that I completely agree with what you're trying to do and wish you the best. The web is ours to develop, and if we take a lazy standpoint it won't go anywhere. D: The real question is why shouldn't we make it easier for disabled users to view our sites, as well as mobile users, because we have to make a little more effort?

Also I believe inline moderation is the main file you'll have to look at. Most of the others don't have any. Unfortunately I couldn't tell you specifically what each needs.
Yeah, that's the only one I noticed as well.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to adapt this theme to the final version of 1.8 without too much difficulty, considering I'm rewriting everything anyway.

Another note: since I'm mainly developing this for myself, I'm going to be removing some things from the default theme that I consider useless clutter. I'm going for a slightly minimal look. Think somewhere between IPB and Vanilla.

It'll also probably require the template conditionals plugin, since I'll need to be able to detect the current page for the tabbed navigation.
(2013-05-03, 08:00 AM)keithpickering Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, that's the only one I noticed as well.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to adapt this theme to the final version of 1.8 without too much difficulty, considering I'm rewriting everything anyway.

Another note: since I'm mainly developing this for myself, I'm going to be removing some things from the default theme that I consider useless clutter. I'm going for a slightly minimal look. Think somewhere between IPB and Vanilla.

It'll also probably require the template conditionals plugin, since I'll need to be able to detect the current page for the tabbed navigation.

Well, you could make use of jQuery for that:

var file_name, file_end, file_page, claimed_forum_pages, claimed_member_pages;

claimed_forum_pages = ["forumdisplay", "showthread", "private", "usercp", "modcp", "stats", "newthread", "newreply"];
claimed_member_pages = ["member"]; 

//Add pathname to html tag
file_name = document.location.href;
file_end = (file_name.indexOf("?") == -1) ? file_name.length : file_name.indexOf("?");
file_page = file_name.substring(file_name.lastIndexOf("/")+1, file_end);
file_page = file_page.replace('.php','').replace('#','');

$('body').addClass("page_" + file_page);

if (file_page == '/' || file_page == '') {
	file_page = "index";
}

if ($.inArray(file_page, claimed_forum_pages) >= 0) {
	$('.menu li').removeClass('active');
	$(".menu").find('a[href *="index.php"]').removeClass('inactive').addClass("active");
} else if ($.inArray(file_page, claimed_member_pages) >= 0) {
	$(".menu").find('a[href *="memberlist.php"]').removeClass('inactive').addClass("active");
} else {
	$(".menu").find('a[href *="' + file_page  + '.php"]').removeClass('inactive').addClass("active");
};    

Though Template Conditionals would come in handy for other things.
I'm not sure if I want to use javascript for something like that. It's always been something I've done with PHP
So here's an early version of the index page. Note that this is the theme for my own board, TEotU, but the templates will be usable in any theme. http://i.imgur.com/mGj1L2L.png

Popup descriptions:
[Image: 8L7lVTh.png]

Same with the subforum list:
[Image: Untitled-2.png]

And, of course, the markup is using real lists and headings. No tables.

I might open up a new thread somewhere for the development of this theme.
displaying category descriptions in tooltips needs to end.
I hate tooltips including those damn ajax ones giving you content of posts by mousing over. Very damn annoying. And I don't even see the point of mouse overs if this is to be portable to mobile devices and tablets which don't even use a mouse.
(2013-05-05, 11:58 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]displaying category descriptions in tooltips needs to end.

(2013-05-06, 01:48 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I hate tooltips including those damn ajax ones giving you content of posts by mousing over. Very damn annoying. And I don't even see the point of mouse overs if this is to be portable to mobile devices and tablets which don't even use a mouse.

Completely agree with this.
1) They're not powered by JavaScript. Just some extremely simple CSS to change the opacity and z-index

2) Since the theme will be responsive, this information will be displayed by default on smaller screens. Or maybe even triggered by a button. Not sure yet. Again, none of this will use JS.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5