MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Will it be possible to create table-less templates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Who said anything about Javascript?

If you can get away with hiding the forum descriptions in tooltips, you probably don't need the forum descriptions to be there in the first place. If I'm trying to decide which forum to enter, I want to see the description for each forum, not *move ... read ... hover* over and over again.
(2013-05-06, 07:37 AM)keithpickering Wrote: [ -> ]1) They're not powered by JavaScript. Just some extremely simple CSS to change the opacity and z-index

2) Since the theme will be responsive, this information will be displayed by default on smaller screens. Or maybe even triggered by a button. Not sure yet. Again, none of this will use JS.

Why would anyone want to click on a board to see the description of it? That completely defeats the purpose of a description..
True, although clicking a button to show/hide content and clicking a button to load an entirely new page are two very different things.

The tooltip can easily be displayed as a plain paragraph by removing a few styles, so it's not really an issue. I just prefer the tooltips. It looks cleaner.
Not having descriptions looks cleaner and accomplishes basically the same thing, since nobody is going to look through the descriptions this way. By the time they have hovered the link they've decided to click it. The description will come as a last-second distraction.
I asked some members, and they said they'd prefer the popup descriptions. And since I'm mainly developing this for my own forum, I decided to add them.

Like I said, you can remove a few styles and it'll appear as a normal paragraph. No big deal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVvPE_o3c...e=youtu.be

Showcasing the responsive design

Pay no attention to the desktop icons, especially not the one with my face poorly photoshopped on a girl's body with kissy lips in the corner

I'm a weird dude

[Image: fyPSEMR.png]

Aaand here's what the final release will look like. Probably.

Although it'll have a different banner, obviously.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5