MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Everyone's Orange
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
If you read the blog post you would know: we don't have specific roles. For example a developer can still give support. We have "roles" which should indicate what we do most. That hasn't changed but there were issues in the past eg when a developer closed a thread.
(2013-11-01, 02:35 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]TBH you're going to make things even more complex. Do you expect people understand who is who OR who is for what role by viewing a 13px icon in their badge? I mean all badges are same, all username colors are same, if a new comer joins-in, how can he understand that Matt. is for support and Ryan Loos for community regulation purposes?

The point is, we are all the MyBB group. We are (mostly) abolishing different teams within MyBB as we can all work on different parts of the project and aren't forced to work in just one area. This makes it more open. While I still will focus on PR and Community, I can give support, develop, write docs, approve plugins, etc.

tl;dr: Even though we have different concentrations, we are all one team and want to show it by this.
(2013-11-01, 03:09 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Even though we have different concentrations, we are all one team and want to show it by this.

100%. Regardless of length of service, reputation, core responsibility or whatever we should be doing for the project we're all a part of the same team.

As we become more open teams here, on this forum, matter less; only internally so we know who should be assigned to what.
Does this mean 1.8 is releasing anytime soon?
We're hoping to get this forum upgraded to MyBB 1.8 Beta 1 before the end of the year.
I preferred it before :/ orange really doesn't fit and neither do the group images with the current theme
(2013-11-01, 03:23 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]We're hoping to get this forum upgraded to MyBB 1.8 Beta 1 before the end of the year.

Will there be a change of theme today?
Today not, but the 1.8 Beta has the new theme.
Restructuring is seemingly over.
Seems really solid conceptually, cool work guys.

The fact that the orange name doesn't mesh with the badges at all drives me nuts though, haha
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5