MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Everyone's Orange
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
It is much neater and organized, well done.
I'm all for the changes but I agree the orange and new group images look damn ugly in this theme. Why didn't you wait until 1.8 beta was installed to match it with the new theme. Given that realistically it's just an aesthetic change I feel it's not made anything any better :/
Anyone can contribute code, write documentation, provide support or fix bugs. That's FOSS right there. Team members, however, are dedicated members of the community who, in addition to actively focusing on development or something, participate in internal discussions and help shape MyBB's future.

It's not just an aesthetic change. It reflects our new philosophy on being part of the team and it needed to be made now.
With that in mind: you could of gone with colours that would have better suited the current theme and changed them to what we currently have when you install the beta...
Anyway no point arguing over a completed decision. Smile
Amazing that MyBB team took a huge structural step forward and all anyone can do is complain about icons and colors. :|
(2013-11-03, 05:20 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing that MyBB team took a huge structural step forward and all anyone can do is complain about icons and colors. :|

But Brad, people aren't complaining about the restructuring, they are complaining about the colors being out of place. Also, I'm confused as to what the difference is with the groups now and then. The team is still the same, they're in the same groups as they used to be, just the colors are universal and the only distinction between the groups are the group images
We opened the development discussions Wink
I think this is awesome, and a great step forward. Who cares about the colors? (I have some difficulty with design and style and such, though, so who am I to judge?)

Also, I feel like I spend too much time here. I read "Orange" as "orange" Toungue
(2013-11-03, 07:41 PM)Odin A. Wrote: [ -> ]I think this is awesome, and a great step forward. Who cares about the colors? (I have some difficulty with design and style and such, though, so who am I to judge?)

Also, I feel like I spend too much time here. I read "Orange" as "orange" Toungue

I likewise assumed somebody had issues with the staff and was insulting them xD
(2013-11-03, 05:32 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-03, 05:20 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing that MyBB team took a huge structural step forward and all anyone can do is complain about icons and colors. :|

But Brad, people aren't complaining about the restructuring, they are complaining about the colors being out of place. Also, I'm confused as to what the difference is with the groups now and then. The team is still the same, they're in the same groups as they used to be, just the colors are universal and the only distinction between the groups are the group images

Complaining about the color of usernames for this long is just really weird.

The change is more symbolic than anything; it essentially says that everyone is part of one MyBB team, and their activities can overflow into other departments, even if they only specialize in one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5