MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Everyone's Orange
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2013-11-04, 03:09 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]The change is more symbolic than anything; it essentially says that everyone is part of one MyBB team, and their activities can overflow into other departments, even if they only specialize in one.

That's common-sense. Nothing to do with the colouring of their username.
I think it's good. I was confused about the Resources category at first. There are a lot of forums for one category but I will need to get used to it. The colors and staff bars look good too. Smile

Thank you. Smile

p.s. where will we be able to post offers or requests for payments after the request section is gone?

Thank you. Smile
+1 on the word filter misunderstanding. I thought OP's intentions were different (the titled matched well Toungue) but then I saw it was all about color.
(2013-11-04, 03:09 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-03, 05:32 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-03, 05:20 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing that MyBB team took a huge structural step forward and all anyone can do is complain about icons and colors. :|

But Brad, people aren't complaining about the restructuring, they are complaining about the colors being out of place. Also, I'm confused as to what the difference is with the groups now and then. The team is still the same, they're in the same groups as they used to be, just the colors are universal and the only distinction between the groups are the group images

Complaining about the color of usernames for this long is just really weird.

The change is more symbolic than anything; it essentially says that everyone is part of one MyBB team, and their activities can overflow into other departments, even if they only specialize in one.

I see that it's symbolic, but at the same time, people are still in the same groups, just instead of using colours to distinguish groups the little image on their badge changes. While it may be symbolic I feel nothing has really changed on the user groups front. I was always under the impression staff weren't fixed into their role anyway, with all groups giving support
Not everyone shares your impression, Tom K.

Nothing really has changed on the usergroup front; as mentioned, the changes here were mostly internal and provides more freedom to team members who want to be active in other areas of the project - without being stereotyped in a specific role.

Please remember that the team are working off future changes for MyBB.com and the usergroup colours and team badges are designed to suit these changes.
I am intrigued as to why you didn't just apply a CSS username style to all staff groups and have the CSS style match the current theme better (say a light blue or even the old PR color) and then change it to orange for 1.8 Smile
(2013-11-04, 11:34 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]I see that it's symbolic, but at the same time, people are still in the same groups, just instead of using colours to distinguish groups the little image on their badge changes. While it may be symbolic I feel nothing has really changed on the user groups front. I was always under the impression staff weren't fixed into their role anyway, with all groups giving support

The technical implementation of usergroups is, as it always has been, inconsequential. The policy changes that are reflected within this gesture are important. And you're are obfuscating that by complaining about font colors, icons, and usergroups.

Who cares what color the username is?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5