MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyLikes v1.0.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
MyLikes by Jones

Description
This plugin replaces the rate button in the postbit with a like one which adds a "+1" post reputation. It's also possible to remove the like/reputation with a second click.
MyLikes uses JonesCore [More information]

Confirmed features for the next release:
  • Down vote
  • Counter on the profile page

Screenshots
[attachment=32545]

Installation
Just upload all files into your forum and activate it in the ACP.
Steps to do this

Download, Support and Contact
Downloads: Support: only in this thread

HowTo update
MyLikes makes use of JonesCore's update system
nice idea thanks Big Grin
awesome plugin ! and thanks and already installed.
I've installed this and the button is not showing up. I didn't have a rate button to start with so I'm wondering what I need to do to get this to work.

Thanks!
(2014-09-20, 03:55 PM)mwforum Wrote: [ -> ]I've installed this and the button is not showing up. I didn't have a rate button to start with so I'm wondering what I need to do to get this to work.

Thanks!

Enable Reputation Functionality

Configuration> Settings>Reputation> Enable Reputation Functionality YES

try
There should be a message on your plugin page if you need to change some settings.
Check whether the postbit template contains "{$post['button_like']}"
I like the fact that it integrates directly with the reputation system. It certainly makes the plugin much simpler because it integrates with something that is already existing in MyBB.
(2014-09-20, 05:11 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]There should be a message on your plugin page if you need to change some settings.
Check whether the postbit template contains "{$post['button_like']}"

There was a message. I had the Allow Post Reputations setting set to No so I changed it to Yes and the message went away but still no buttons. There are no settings for this plug-in are there?

Thanks for all of the help you guys. Smile
No, there aren't any settings as it uses mybb's settings. Have you checked the template?
(2014-09-20, 05:54 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]No, there aren't any settings as it uses mybb's settings. Have you checked the template?

Which postbit template should I be checking? There are a bunch of them. Should I be checking the plain postbit template or the postbit_mylikes_button template? I know I'm showing my ignorance here so sorry. Confused

One other thing I've noticed since updating to 1.8 is that anything related to javascript doesn't seem to be working. Like the smilies or the Report button. I'm not sure it matters for this plug-in but thought I'd mention it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9