MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Latest Posts On Index Sidebar [New Build 03-24-17]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Hello!
I need a plugin for recent post on my index page, please how can you help me with that?
please reply me via mail: [email protected]
Thanks!

i just downloaded the plugin, how do install it please, do i have to upload it to my cpanel, OR how,
help cause i'm new on mybb
Please Reply via mail: [email protected]

i need a plugin that will display latest topic on my index page,
any one to help?
please!
Reply me via mail: [email protected]
I have an issue, whenever a user posts in this specific thread it shows it multiple times in the sidebar
[Image: 5c845e9395fe469a4d0ff3fac0322510.png]
This plugin has a lot of surprises, as you also can see in my earlier posts.

I activated it in my test forum, and it looks OK. But when I look at the mysql query that must find the latest threads with new posts, I see a few strange things. I have no more time this evening (23:00h here), but will have a look tomorrow. But this will be later in the day because in the morning I have a meeting.

But I am not sure whether this will improve your result.

What is also strange is that it searches for posts with a visibility not equal to -1. This means that it will also display posts that are still in the moderation queue (visibility = 0).
(2015-07-15, 09:08 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]This plugin has a lot of surprises, as you also can see in my earlier posts.

I activated it in my test forum, and it looks OK. But when I look at the mysql query that must find the latest threads with new posts, I see a few strange things. I have no more time this evening (23:00h here), but will have a look tomorrow. But this will be later in the day because in the morning I have a meeting.

But I am not sure whether this will improve your result.

What is also strange is that it searches for posts with a visibility not equal to -1. This means that it will also display posts that are still in the moderation queue (visibility = 0).

I saw your post on how to fix the time/date. That helped alot thanks!
Can you see what happens when you replace (in latestposts.php):
	$where .= " AND p.visible <> -1";

$query = $db->query("
		SELECT t.*, u.username AS userusername, u.usergroup, u.displaygroup, lp.usergroup AS lastusergroup, lp.displaygroup as lastdisplaygroup, p.visible
		FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."threads t
		LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."users u ON (u.uid=t.uid)
		LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."users lp ON (t.lastposteruid=lp.uid)
		LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."posts p ON (t.tid=p.tid AND replyto = 0)
        WHERE 1=1 {$where}
		ORDER BY t.lastpost DESC
		LIMIT $threadlimit
	");

by:

$where .= " AND t.visible = 1";
	$query = $db->query("
		SELECT t.*, u.usergroup AS lastusergroup
		LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."users u ON (t.lastposteruid=u.uid)
        WHERE 1=1 {$where}
		ORDER BY t.lastpost DESC
		LIMIT $threadlimit
	");

With me it works fine, but I did not have the problem you encountered.
It would not surprise me at all when this is the reason, because the query was a mess, and perhaps different versions of mysql react differently to that.
(2015-07-16, 04:48 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]Can you see what happens when you replace (in latestposts.php):
	$where .= " AND p.visible <> -1";

$query = $db->query("
		SELECT t.*, u.username AS userusername, u.usergroup, u.displaygroup, lp.usergroup AS lastusergroup, lp.displaygroup as lastdisplaygroup, p.visible
		LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."users u ON (u.uid=t.uid)
		LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."users lp ON (t.lastposteruid=lp.uid)
		LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."posts p ON (t.tid=p.tid AND replyto = 0)
        WHERE 1=1 {$where}
		ORDER BY t.lastpost DESC
		LIMIT $threadlimit
	");

by:

$where .= " AND t.visible = 1";
	$query = $db->query("
		SELECT t.*, u.usergroup AS lastusergroup
		LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."users u ON (t.lastposteruid=u.uid)
        WHERE 1=1 {$where}
		ORDER BY t.lastpost DESC
		LIMIT $threadlimit
	");

With me it works fine, but I did not have the problem you encountered.
It would not surprise me at all when this is the reason, because the query was a mess, and perhaps different versions of mysql react differently to that.

It worked! Thank you! Smile
(2015-07-16, 10:12 PM)Billie Joe Armstrong Wrote: [ -> ]It worked! Thank you! Smile

Thanks for the feedback. I had some doubts about new threads and posts that are still in the moderation queue, but tests went OK.
Great job man.
where is the download link ?
Hi guys. When a member clicks on the thread it takes him to the first page, first post. What setting on script can I edit that it will take him to the last page and alst post of the thread, ie the newest post first?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13