MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PM e-mails and e-mail subscription alerts seem delayed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I have not looked into the code, but is there a reason why the Post function cannot invoke smtp mail immediately?
(2015-03-10, 07:54 AM)Wozzer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-28, 03:39 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]basically it depends on visits to the forum and mail server queue system of your web server

I was told it wasn't queued in any way nor running via the task system.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-168263.html

I can understand it could be a mail queue issue on the web server but .m. has mentioned it 'depends on visits to the forum '.
If it depends on visits to the forum, is it being said that if someone sends a pm and then leaves the boards, it wont be despatched until another hit is made on the index page?

So if I close and reopen the browser will it send all the new email notifications to clients?
(2018-04-24, 02:11 PM)jtapp Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-10, 07:54 AM)Wozzer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-28, 03:39 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]basically it depends on visits to the forum and mail server queue system of your web server

I was told it wasn't queued in any way nor running via the task system.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-168263.html

I can understand it could be a mail queue issue on the web server but .m. has mentioned it 'depends on visits to the forum '.
If it depends on visits to the forum, is it being said that if someone sends a pm and then leaves the boards, it wont be despatched until another hit is made on the index page?

So if I close and reopen the browser will it send all the new email notifications to clients?

You don't need to close and re-open the browser. The task system runs tasks based on how often they are configured to be ran. Every time that you load any forum page that includes the "task.php" image (if you're using the default theme, this image is in the footer of every page) will look at the next task that needs to be ran (which could be the mail queue tasks) and runs it. It isn't guaranteed that the next task that will be ran will be the mail ueue task - it depends on how many tasks there are enabled and which task was ran last.
(2015-03-13, 07:37 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Bizarre. Remember emails will only be sent if pages of the site are loaded, so did you click around a bit after sending the PM or have other users online?

This was my question. If I close and reopen the browser and then bring up the forum again, it SHOULD send out any emails. Is that correct?
(2018-04-25, 12:28 PM)jtapp Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-13, 07:37 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Bizarre. Remember emails will only be sent if pages of the site are loaded, so did you click around a bit after sending the PM or have other users online?

This was my question. If I close and reopen the browser and then bring up the forum again, it SHOULD send out any emails. Is that correct?

If the next task scheduled to be ran is the mail queue task, any mails in the mail queue should be processed and sent. If you're facing problems, I highly recommend using the cron job I explained here: https://community.mybb.com/thread-167827...pid1147562

Personally, I run the task system via cron too as it's much more reliable that way.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8