MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I want your moderation suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2015-05-18, 11:58 AM)Ben C Wrote: [ -> ]Set up moderation permissions.

For example: Moderators can't delete administrators posts or edit their accounts.

Is this currently the case?!
(2015-05-18, 01:05 PM)Will P Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-18, 11:58 AM)Ben C Wrote: [ -> ]Set up moderation permissions.

For example: Moderators can't delete administrators posts or edit their accounts.

Is this currently the case?!

I was pushed for time earlier, let me explain properly.

Currently any staff can delete any posts and edit any accounts regardless of their rank. I don't know if it has been changed here but you would be able to go and edit StefanT's account in the modcp. 

It should be set so staff cannot delete any posts or edit any accounts of people who are a higher rank than them.
(2015-05-18, 01:39 PM)Ben C Wrote: [ -> ]Currently any staff can delete any posts and edit any accounts regardless of their rank. I don't know if it has been changed here but you would be able to go and edit StefanT's account in the modcp. 

It should be set so staff cannot delete any posts or edit any accounts of people who are a higher rank than them.

Agreed, but I thought this was already possible with the permissions system in 1.x?
(2015-05-18, 01:54 PM)Will P Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-18, 01:39 PM)Ben C Wrote: [ -> ]Currently any staff can delete any posts and edit any accounts regardless of their rank. I don't know if it has been changed here but you would be able to go and edit StefanT's account in the modcp. 

Agreed, but I thought this was already possible with the permissions system in 1.x?

Not that I am aware of.
Ability for administrators to approve specific account changes. For example, an Administrator may wish to approve email changes. This would help stop accounts from being stolen with all information changed etc.

Ability for administrator to require approval on avatar changes and signature changes. An administrator may wish to do this to ensure that the content being displayed is appropriate for their forum. This would be helpful for owners of boards aimed towards younger people to stop inappropriate content from being displayed until staff happen to stumble upon it.

Ability for administrators to remove the privlage of private messages, avatar and signatures. If a user is constantly abusing the system moderators may wish them to stop using it altogether. Can't remember if this exists in 1.8.
(2015-04-30, 08:32 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]I think mod notes within a post would be cool.

for example, if a mod/admin edits a post because something breaks the rules (or for whatever reason) the ability to leave a note for the post author about the edit would be nice.

An absolute must have, I cant believe its still not a feature
I believe moderators are able to edit users threads and then add a reason as to why they edited it, I may be wrong though.
(2015-05-23, 10:05 PM)Ben C Wrote: [ -> ]I believe moderators are able to edit users threads and then add a reason as to why they edited it, I may be wrong though.

that could get overwritten if a user went back and edited the post for something as simple as a typo though.
Yeah point taken but the people who view the thread do not need to know why it was edited, only the OP. For the OP to edit his thread he would have to view his thread and then he would be able to see why it was edited and who by with any queries.
(2015-05-23, 10:23 PM)Ben C Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah point taken but the people who view the thread do not need to know why it was edited, only the OP.

It's often useful to know why a post was edited/warned/moved/etc. by a mod. For instance to give an example of what shouldn't be done again to everyone reading the thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5