MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I want your moderation suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Surely if the user can read the rules in the first place they should already know?
(2015-05-23, 10:54 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-23, 10:23 PM)Ben C Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah point taken but the people who view the thread do not need to know why it was edited, only the OP.

It's often useful to know why a post was edited/warned/moved/etc. by a mod. For instance to give an example of what shouldn't be done again to everyone reading the thread.

agreed.  I'm fine if a mod note is only visible to the person who created the post that needed to be edited and the staff.
(2015-05-18, 01:05 PM)Will P Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-18, 11:58 AM)Ben C Wrote: [ -> ]Set up moderation permissions.

For example: Moderators can't delete administrators posts or edit their accounts.

Is this currently the case?!

http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=391

Something like that should be included in my opinion.
do you want our suggestions in this thread broken up into individual threads?
(2015-05-26, 07:25 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]do you want our suggestions in this thread broken up into individual threads?

That would be really helpful, yes. Then we can move them into Planned / Rejected / Implemented separately.
(2015-05-26, 07:30 PM)Will P Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-26, 07:25 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]do you want our suggestions in this thread broken up into individual threads?

That would be really helpful, yes. Then we can move them into Planned / Rejected / Implemented separately.

done.
Mod notes are for warning other people about behaviour more than the actual OP

Mod note: This post has been edited and user warned for violating rule 18 of the charter. 

or

OK, no more warnings, stay on topic and dont discuss X, Y or Z, without proof to back up your claims.

Its a common feature in other systems and the plugin Mod notice 1.3 by Supryk does exactly what I want.

[Image: 687474703a2f2f636f6d6d756e6974792e6d7962...642e706e67]
I definitely agree with you, ESForum, that it would be a nice addition in some form or another. I know that here when monitoring the community, keeping notes on users/posts and actions taken on them is rather clunky. You can add a thread note, but that's not necessarily intuitive or efficient. Additionally, there's no way for those notes to propagate to something like a Mod Notice history for the user (kind of like synchronized with the current user Mod Notes). Something like that would make the moderation history of users much easier to track.
I like that idea of a history, that would be helpful for large forums to track people who have been previously cautioned but my site is small enough not to need a history.

Perhaps it could be amalgamated with the warning system to keep a history?
Hi, what about Soft deletion in 2.0?

I would like soft deletion for standard members and permanent deletion for moderators and admin.

For example a user writes a post and then he deletes it. This post is now Soft deleted and a mod or admin has to delete it permanently. Perhaps add a quick button on the postbit, like it was on 1.6 and an alert for mods/admin, to tell there are posts soft deleted from users.

Instead if user doesn't delete own post but a mod or admin delete it, the post isn't Soft deleted but directly deleted permanently.

on 1.8 quickly delete the post has become a disaster for me Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5