MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I want your moderation suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2015-10-03, 12:30 PM)niere8 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, what about Soft deletion in 2.0?

I would like soft deletion for standard members and permanent deletion for moderators and admin.

For example a user writes a post and then he deletes it. This post is now Soft deleted and a mod or admin has to delete it permanently. Perhaps add a quick button on the postbit, like it was on 1.6 and an alert for mods/admin, to tell there are posts soft deleted from users.

Instead if user doesn't delete own post but a mod or admin delete it, the post isn't Soft deleted but directly deleted permanently.

on 1.8 quickly delete the post has become a disaster for me Sad

completely agree
I support you just simply give them the permission to.
Soft delete will be in, with permissions to control who can do what where.
Will there be a real permanent-delete for admins then, if they have the right to do this? In 1.8 I have turned off soft deletion in the whole board because I don't need and I don't want it and still I have to double-delete a post because the qick delete works only for normal users permanently. The team is still forced to soft delete. (Which ist a bit weird in my eyes...)
Of course.
it'd be great if 'deleting' a thread automatically moved it to a trash can, like the trash can plugin from 1.4 and 1.6 did.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5