MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Re-visiting MyBB, some progress screens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Eh, still haven't had much time to do much lately due to no steady electricity or internet these days living on my bicycle..., but I do still try to get a lil of this and that done whenever I get a chance.., currently I have been occupying my mind and my limited computer time with updating the downloads plugin for 1.8.x

Basic progress:

[Image: 5an77n.jpg]

[Image: 2je1csj.png]

[Image: 2cctqao.png]

Well, I am not done with this as there are a few things I want to fix and or change but a user requested this for 1.8. here: Filebase/Download Manager 1.8  so since I had it already functioning I released it as is there in the meantime.

Here ya go:*

Downloads_1.8.zip

* please note it is a very basic update for 1.8 usage and few other minor fixes like  simple language fixes as that was a complaint from previous folks of all the mixed languages and not a true full english translation....., for the most part I fixed that and I did and do plan on continuing fixing further as my time allows but eh, you asked for the plugin now so you can have this functioning as is atm.

A quick simple fix for a user request at: I need help with a template configuration *

Download:
AT-Downloads_Limit_Per_Day.zip

* simply fixing the fact that it dropped all other content in misc before which was disabling memberlist view for all users previously

[Image: 2my3dhx.png]
Eh..., oh well even though I haven't had much free battery power and time to to get much done these days.., I figured I would share this lil project..., it is not perfect nor have I had enough time to focus on every little detail...., but it gets the basic job done so I figured I would share the progress at this time:

Pretty much the idea was to put together a simple package so as to have a temporary responsive install of mybb by default  before 2.0 comes around..., All the colors of the default theme are included...

MyBB 1.8.8 Responsive on install: * /  ** / ***

Can't upload here due to file upload size restrictions as it is the entire MyBB install package..., so grab it here if you want for now:

Current progress/latest
Download: Here

* credits to: chack1172 , Ashley1, Vintagedaddyo and of course the MyBB Group
[Image: 205blw0.png]

[Image: 1zgye6p.png]

[Image: oi7uds.png]

[Image: 2m50xmp.png]

[Image: 15i6bmg.png]
[Image: p7rwo.png]

[Image: zwe3aq.png]
[Image: 12375mf.png]
[Image: xarlux.png]

[Image: 10x7ekw.png][Image: mjvndw.png][Image: 5lo4gj.png][Image: o0rvie.png][Image: xn679d.png][Image: xkucmt.png][Image: 2zdpyk1.png][Image: 259cuvr.png][Image: 2m3l3kp.png][Image: 1pcoj9.png][Image: f2lsp5.png]

** I will post more screens as I get to this or that when I have time to focus more on this project..., including the admin cp which I haven't yet fully dug into the css to make it specific for this install..., currently it is rather basic to get the package avail..., but I planned to make it more matching to this package....

*** also plan on getting to the actual install process redesign as well as redesign of documentation if and when my time allows....
Eh, I had a few minutes of time, so I decided to play with the "Documentation" for a quick minute:

Download:

[attachment=37688]

[Image: 308857t.png]

** Have not had much to get to much and still have a bit to do on modifying the ACP specifically for the specific package but here is my current progress:

* I may also modify one of my gentel dark versions as a secondary acp style so as to be like mybb used to have 2 acp styles by default install

10/29/16 * I haven't added my current progress on the acp displayed below to the current download package yet as I would prefer to get more done on it before adding it

[Image: jjr2qe.png]

[Image: 1jewg.png]

[Image: 2lnbwuc.png]
(2016-10-22, 08:53 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]Eh..., oh well even though I haven't had much free battery power and time to to get much done these days.., I figured I would share this lil project..., it is not perfect nor have I had enough time to focus on every little detail...., but it gets the basic job done so I figured I would share the progress at this time:

Pretty much the idea was to put together a simple package so as to have a temporary responsive install of mybb by default  before 2.0 comes around..., All the colors of the default theme are included...

MyBB 1.8.8 Responsive on install: * /  ** / ***

Can't upload here due to file upload size restrictions as it is the entire MyBB install package..., so grab it here if you want for now:

Current progress/latest

Download: Here

* credits to: chack1172 , Ashley1, Vintagedaddyo and of course the MyBB Group
[Image: 205blw0.png]

[Image: 1zgye6p.png]

[Image: oi7uds.png]

[Image: 2m50xmp.png]

[Image: 15i6bmg.png]
[Image: p7rwo.png]

[Image: zwe3aq.png]
[Image: 12375mf.png]
[Image: xarlux.png]

[Image: 10x7ekw.png][Image: mjvndw.png][Image: 5lo4gj.png][Image: o0rvie.png][Image: xn679d.png][Image: xkucmt.png][Image: 2zdpyk1.png]

** I will post more screens as I get to this or that when I have time to focus more on this project..., including the admin cp which I haven't yet fully dug into the css to make it specific for this install..., currently it is rather basic to get the package avail..., but I planned to make it more matching to this package....

*** also plan on getting to the actual install process redesign as well as redesign of documentation if and when my time allows....

(2016-10-25, 09:40 AM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]Eh, I had a few minutes of time, so I decided to play with the "Documentation" for a quick minute:

Download:

Documentation.zip

[Image: 308857t.png]

** Have not had much to get to much and still have a bit to do on modifying the ACP specifically for the specific package but here is my current progress:

* I may also modify one of my gentel dark versions as a secondary acp style so as to be like mybb used to have 2 acp styles by default install

10/29/16 * I haven't added my current progress on the acp displayed below to the current download package yet as I would prefer to get more done on it before adding it

[Image: jjr2qe.png]
[Image: 1jewg.png]

[Image: 2lnbwuc.png]

10/29/16
* I haven't added my current progress on the acp displayed above to the current download package yet as I would prefer to get alot more done on it before adding it, but if you want it as is currently at the current progress stage well, then grab it here: [attachment=37711]

*note this is as it is currently in the install package but is still currently a work in progress and I will be making improvements when my time allows..., downloaders please note this is released "as is" and is not final

If you absolutely need it in the package and don't want to add it yourself with the default.zip found above, then for now here it is in the full package for download: Here

Note: * I did  not plan on adding it yet to the actual full download package until I get a bunch more done on it that I have planned and have yet to get the time to do so as well as clean up a few things I have noticed I need to get to but haven't had the time yet. I will update the full package as well as this attachment when I get further along progress wise on this. * Update: I added it currently as is to the full package but plan further improvements

** I still also plan on continuing to improve the other aspects not relating to the acp as well of the project package if and when my time allows and will update said packages when I get around to it.

Haven't had much computer time lately due to circumstances beyond my control but I will try and get to working on more of this hopefully if and when my time allows.
(2016-10-17, 02:22 AM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]Eh, still haven't had much time to do much lately due to no steady electricity or internet these days living on my bicycle..., but I do still try to get a lil of this and that done whenever I get a chance.., currently I have been occupying my mind and my limited computer time with updating the downloads plugin for 1.8.x

Basic progress:

Well, I am not done with this as there are a few things I want to fix and or change but a user requested this for 1.8. here: Filebase/Download Manager 1.8  so since I had it already functioning I released it as is there in the meantime.

Downloads_1.8.zip

* please note it is a very basic update for 1.8 usage and few other minor fixes like  simple language fixes as that was a complaint from previous folks of all the mixed languages and not a true full english translation....., for the most part I fixed that and I did and do plan on continuing fixing further as my time allows but eh, you asked for the plugin now so you can have this functioning as is atm.

A quick simple fix for a user request at: I need help with a template configuration *

Download:

* simply fixing the fact that it dropped all other content in misc before which was disabling memberlist view for all users previously

Hey,

Whenever I try to change the download plugin to on in the config, the page goes blank and I get a file called "error_log" created in my /admin/ folder saying this: PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function rebuildsettings() in /(stuff)/admin/modules/downloads/settings.php on line 91

Could you take a look at this please?

Cheers,
- James
@James76931

too many quotes from which you take unnecessary for the whole quotation. and I feel this thread becomes dirty. should you reply directly using the "@vintagedaddyo" to the person concerned in this case "thread starter". #IMHO #no offense

[Image: 200_s.gif]
first of all must congrat you with amazing job you have been doing for the last months, hats off Wink
second just to report a small bug on the MyBB 1.8.8 Responsive
on ACP (theme gentella or something, but didnt try with default acp theme) when adding a new css stylesheet (not new theme) doesnt allow to write our own content..

keep up with the good work
Cheers
SubzR
(2016-10-29, 04:53 PM)subzr1 Wrote: [ -> ]first of all must congrat you with amazing job you have been doing for the last months, hats off Wink
second just to report a small bug on the MyBB 1.8.8 Responsive
on ACP (theme gentella or something, but didnt try with default acp theme) when adding a new css stylesheet (not new theme) doesnt allow to write our own content..

keep up with the good work
Cheers
SubzR

Thanks. So I checked on my mobile localhost about the issue you mentioned and it works fine... did you click the text as that links to the option

As tested with the current install:

[Image: huomd4.png]

[Image: 33z5l07.png]

[Image: nlymuq.png]

[Image: mij7nl.png]

And a quick look on laptop: *also working if you click the text "write"

[Image: al1zep.png]

See it displays option:
[Image: 2im4947.jpg]

Same thing for adding colors, etc:

[Image: themes-addstylesheet2ays8s.png]

(2016-10-29, 04:38 PM)terzier Wrote: [ -> ]@James76931

too many quotes from which you take unnecessary for the whole quotation. and I feel this thread becomes dirty. should you reply directly using the "@vintagedaddyo" to the person concerned in this case "thread starter". #IMHO #no offense

[Image: 200_s.gif]

Cool story, bro...

(2016-10-29, 02:18 PM)James76931 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-17, 02:22 AM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]Eh, still haven't had much time to do much lately due to no steady electricity or internet these days living on my bicycle..., but I do still try to get a lil of this and that done whenever I get a chance.., currently I have been occupying my mind and my limited computer time with updating the downloads plugin for 1.8.x

Basic progress:

Downloads_1.8.zip

Download:

Hey,

Whenever I try to change the download plugin to on in the config, the page goes blank and I get a file called "error_log" created in my /admin/ folder saying this: PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function rebuildsettings() in /(stuff)/admin/modules/downloads/settings.php on line 91

Could you take a look at this please?

Cheers,
- James

Hmm, as I didn't modify most of the existing settings in the plugin and primarily just updated language issues, and a few other minor issues in templates and downloads..., as well as basic compat. I will have to look into your issue further when I have some time to get on my laptop. Unfortunately when I used the plugin and added downloads, modified the config etc, it worked fine and did not run into your mentioned error hence I have yet to notice. Thanks, I will look into it when I get a chance.

*also curious if you are using a completely different version of the plugin because you posted rebuildsettings rather
than rebuild_settings? Due to noticing that factor, nvm, scratch that and see below:

* Update: You pointed out that you were getting an error related to rebuild settings..., which prompted me to find out that I had completely forgotten to add the updated settings.php from my localhost to the package. Quickly viewing the header comment after the error was reported showed me I had accidently left the old file in the package. My apologies. The attachment is now updated. For those of you who already have the package here is the replacement settings.php file that goes in "admin/modules/downloads/settings.php"

[attachment=37713]

Quick look on mobile localhost doesn't throw a blank page
[Image: wa4k21.png]

Also note the package has been updated to fix your mentioned error as I mentioned here: Filebase/Download Manager 1.8

Download:
Downloads_1.8.zip *** Filemanager plugin now included in the downloads plugin package for easier management of files
@vintagedaddyo
unfortunately, in this community features to give a bad reputation is not active.
weird
when i click to write my own content nothing happens ..
but no worries probably some conflict
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6