MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem after update to MyBB 1.8.6 (from 1.8.5)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2015-10-17, 02:48 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]1. Open both files.
2. Find green parts (CTRL + F).
3. Change them to red parts.

Thanks!  Now I get it.  Has this particular issue already been fixed in 1.8.6?  I ask because my files already look like the green parts (without the red parts)...  So maybe my issue is caused by something else?

DB_MYSQL.PHP
		if($prefix)
		{
			$query = $this->query("
				SELECT `TABLE_NAME` FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES 
				WHERE `TABLE_SCHEMA` = '$database' AND `TABLE_TYPE` = 'BASE TABLE' 
				AND `TABLE_NAME` LIKE '".$this->escape_string($prefix)."%'
			");
		}
		else
		{
			$query = $this->query("
			");
		}

$tables = array();
		while(list($table) = mysql_fetch_array($query))
		{
			$tables[] = $table;
		}

return $tables;
	}

/**
	 * Check if a table exists in a database.
	 * @param string $table The table name.
	 * @return boolean True when exists, false if not.
	 */
	function table_exists($table)
	{
		// Execute on master server to ensure if we've just created a table that we get the correct result
		$query = $this->write_query("
			WHERE `TABLE_TYPE` = 'BASE TABLE' 
			AND `TABLE_NAME` LIKE '{$this->table_prefix}$table'
		");
		$exists = $this->num_rows($query);
		if($exists > 0)

DB_MSQLI.PHP
		if($prefix)
		{
			$query = $this->query("
				AND `TABLE_NAME` LIKE '".$this->escape_string($prefix)."%'
			");
		}
		else
		{
			$query = $this->query("
			");
		}

$tables = array();
		while(list($table) = mysqli_fetch_array($query))
		{
			$tables[] = $table;
		}
		return $tables;
	}

/**
	 * Check if a table exists in a database.
	 * @param string $table The table name.
	 * @return boolean True when exists, false if not.
	 */
	function table_exists($table)
	{
		// Execute on master server to ensure if we've just created a table that we get the correct result
		$query = $this->write_query("
			WHERE `TABLE_TYPE` = 'BASE TABLE' 
			AND `TABLE_NAME` LIKE '{$this->table_prefix}$table'
		");
		$exists = $this->num_rows($query);
I don't think you read my post carefully enough..

(2015-10-17, 10:02 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you read my post carefully enough..

In fact you're right.  I assumed red must be bad and green good.

Exclamation Just made this change and ACP > Plugins went from 64-second query to 140ms Exclamation

Does this issue only affect ACP > Plugins or standard forum performance as well?  Have not really noticed much improvement in general forum performance.
Mainly ACP -> Plugins and database backups.
(2015-10-04, 06:28 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Just fix it on your own... 30 sec job

Not experienced enough to change any code and I can't even understand what the fix is. A lot of my members have left because of the long lag after hitting post or reply.
(2015-10-22, 06:24 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-04, 06:28 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Just fix it on your own... 30 sec job

Not experienced enough to change any code and I can't even understand what the fix is. A lot of my members have left because of the long lag after hitting post or reply.

I implemented the changes to the code in the two different files.  It helped my ACP > Plugins speed dramatically, but did not seem to make much difference in terms of overall forum performance.  Or maybe a little?  Can't say for sure but the site is still slower than it was on the previous version of 1.6.18.  Sounds like this fix is not expected to address general site performance, just specific areas.
(2015-10-22, 06:45 PM)Jayfore Wrote: [ -> ]

I implemented the changes to the code in the two different files.  It helped my ACP > Plugins speed dramatically, but did not seem to make much difference in terms of overall forum performance.  Or maybe a little?  Can't say for sure but the site is still slower than it was on the previous version of 1.6.18.  Sounds like this fix is not expected to address general site performance, just specific areas.

I was told in another post to wait for the next update. I am not running any plugins other than tapatalk. Page navigation is fine. It's posts and replies that have a 5 to 7 second delay.
(2015-10-22, 08:28 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote: [ -> ]

I was told in another post to wait for the next update. I am not running any plugins other than tapatalk. Page navigation is fine. It's posts and replies that have a 5 to 7 second delay.

Someone told you that the slow page response is a known issue that will be corrected in the next version?  That would be great.  As of yet I have not seen anything about this as a known issue so I was wondering how it could be only me that is affected by it...
(2015-10-23, 11:08 AM)Jayfore Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-22, 08:28 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote: [ -> ]

Someone told you that the slow page response is a known issue that will be corrected in the next version?  That would be great.  As of yet I have not seen anything about this as a known issue so I was wondering how it could be only me that is affected by it...

It's affecting me and many others as well. It makes me apprehensive to blindly install any future updates. Everything was great until this last update.

This is a serious problem and it needs to be fixed.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-178452-...pid1184925
yea i have noticed that with 1.8.6 its slow. specially with editing templates. the plugins are slow to. its killing my seo rank.

I am uploading 1.8.5 files hoping it fixes the issue.

after downgrading the forums it works better
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6